6 Ex-Disney Stars Who Need To Make A Music Comeback

It's time to get back to your childhood basics.

61

Some of the best times of our life is when we were only allowed to watch television like Nickelodeon, Cartoon Network, and Disney Channel.

Disney Channel was always my favorite when I was a kid. I grew up watching "Hannah Montana", "Wizards of Waverly Place", "The Suite Life of Zach and Cody", and many more. The child and teen stars of our time were honestly some of the best in my opinion. We had Miley Cyrus. We had the Jonas Brothers. We had Ashley Tisdale.

These stars really were a threat to other child stars. They were good actors and actresses. They were singers and musicians. Some were even good dancers. Disney really knew how to train their stars.

Now that we, ourselves, are all adults, these child stars are now adults themselves in their twenties and thirties. They left Disney to do bigger and better things. A lot of them decided to pick one lane of a entertainment career over trying to to juggle two lanes.

Some of these ex-Disney stars really release some great songs when I was child and teen. It's time from them to start making again just for old times sake.

Selena Gomez

Gomez got her worldwide recognition for her portrayal of Alex Russo on "Wizards of Waverly Place", which aired for four seasons from 2007 to 2012. She also starred in a number of DCOM and other family-friendly movies such as "Another Cinderella Story" (2008), "Princess Protection Program" (2009), "Ramona & Beezus" (2010) and the Hotel Transylvania franchise.

In 2008, she started her music career in a band called Selena Gomez & The Scene and released three studio albums before going solo in 2013. As a solo artist, she has released two studio albums and a greatest hits album.

Her last body of work, "Revival", was released in 2015 but has released a handful of singles in years since. Her career was essentially put on pause in recent years due to her health.

Zendaya

Zendaya got her worldwide recognition for her portrayal of Rocky Blue on "Shake It Up", which aired for three seasons from 2010 to 2013. She also starred another Disney Channel sitcom called "K.C. Undercover" along with a number of DCOM and other family-friendly movies such as "Frenemies" (2012), "Zapped" (2014), and "The Greatest Showman" (2017).

In 2011, she started her music career with a series of songs for "Shake It Up". In 2013, she released her self-titled debut album with the hit single called "Replay".

In recent years, she has only released a couple of singles that was associated with films and tv shows such as "The Greatest Showman", "Smallfoot", and, her current hit HBO show, "Euphoria".

Hilary Duff

Duff got her worldwide recognition for her portrayal of the title character in "Lizzie McGuire", which aired for only two seasons from 2001 to 2004. She also starred in a number of other family-friendly movies such as "The Lizzie McGuire Movie" (2003), "Agent Cody Banks" (2003), "Cheaper by the Dozen" (2003), and "A Cinderella Story" (2005).

In 2002, she started her music career with her Christmas-themed debut album. She then enjoyed the success of three more studio albums along with a compilation album and a greatest hits album.

After a seven years music hiatus, she signed with a non-Disney record label for her most recent body of work, "Breathe In. Breathe Out", in 2015.

Demi Lovato

Lovato got her worldwide recognition for her portrayal of Mitchie Torres on "Camp Rock" (2008) and "Camp Rock 2: The Final Jam" (2010). She also starred in the titular character on "Sonny with a Chance" which aired for two seasons from 2009 to 2011 along with tv shows and movies such as "As The Bell Rings" (2007-2008) and "Princess Protection Program" (2009).

Lovato has so far released six studio albums with her debut album, "Don't Forget", in 2008 and her most recent body of work, "Tell Me You Love Me", in 2017.

She has gone through a lot of personal issues in her career with a couple of stints in a rehab treatment centers for depression, an eating disorder, self-harm, alcohol addiction, and drug addiction. Her most recent stint was in the summer of 2018 with an accidental overdose.

Bridgit Mendler

Mendler got her rose to prominence on Disney for her portrayal of Teddy Duncan on "Good Luck Charlie", which aired for four seasons from 2010 to 2014. She also starred in a DCOM, "Lemonade Mouth" (2011) and other family-friendly movies such as "Alice Upside Down" (2007), "The Clique" (2008), and "Alvin and the Chipmunks: The Squeakquel" (2009).

In 2012, Mendler released her debut studio album, "Hello My Name Is..." which spawned the hit single "Ready or Not". She returned to the music scene in 2016 as a indie artist with a mini album and several singles.

Vanessa Hudgens

Hudgens got her worldwide recognition for her portrayal of Gabriella Montez in the "High School Musical" franchise with the movies being released in 2006, 2007, and 2008. She also starred in a number of other family-friendly movies such as "Bandslam" (2009), "Beastly" (2011), and "Journal 2: The Mysterious Island" (2012).

In 2006, she started her music career with her debut solo studio album, "V", with the hit singles "Come Back To Me" and "Say OK". She released her last body of work in 2008, "Identified". The album preceded by one single, "Sneakernight".

After that, she put her solo music career on hold besides one single with two features in other artists' songs.