Everything You Need To Know About Donald Trump's Cabinet

This is our future.

5
Twitter

One of the biggest moments in 2016 has been seeing who our next President of the United States will be. Most either celebrated or made plans to move to another country once the president-elect, Donald Trump, was announced winner. Here is what you need to know about his cabinet so far.

VP- Mike Pence

Mike Pence is from Columbus, Indiana, and received a law degree from the Indiana University school of Law. He is obviously very determined because he lost two bids for a U.S congress seat, he eventually was elected in 2000. In 2012, he was elected governor of Indiana. He made his personal views very clearly by pushing conservative views by signing the Religious Freedom Restoration Act. Since becoming VP Pence has been criticized heavily for his views such as believing therapy could cure a person being gay.

Attorney General- Jeff Sessions

Our very own Alabama senator Jeff sessions is Trump's pick for Attorney General. This comes as no surprise as Sessions helped Trump build an immigration plan before. As with Pence, Sessions has been judged for previous conservative views just as being sympathetic towards the KKK. However, he has defended himself by saying he was “joking”.

Secretary of Defense- James Mattis “Mad Dog”

A retired General, Mattis is known for his aggression. Even though he retired in 2013, it will be required that he has a congressional waiver as the law states that there must be a seven year wait period before an active general can head the pentagon. Most republicans are happy with this pick because who wouldn’t want a Secretary of Defense named “Mad Dog?"

Secretary of Homeland Security- John F. Kelly

Another retired general, He shares Trump's concern for Drug trafficking over the U.S border so it is expected that he will be tough on immigration as is Trump.

Secretary of Health and Human Services- Tom Price

Trump appeased lots of conservatives by choosing Tom Price, who has openly opposed Obamas Affordable Care Act. The conservative reign continues as Price is opposed to gay marriage and abortion.

Secretary of Housing- Dr. Ben Carson

Previous running mate to Donald Trump, Carson is known for his work as a neurosurgeon and known mostly for his separation of conjoined twins. Most considered that he was not fit for the job since he had no previous political experience.

Secretary of department of Education- Betsy DeVos

58-year-old billionaire, she is head of the American Federation for Children. Jeb Bush, the former rival of Trump, praised this pick as she has a long history of helping parents choose what is best for their children.

Secretary of Transportation- Elaine Chao

A former labor secretary appointed by George W. Bush, she was the first Asian-American woman to hold a cabinet position.

Secretary of Treasury- Steve Mnuchin

He served as the Trump campaign’s national finance chair and has not been very interested in politics.

Secretary of Commerce- Wilbur Ross

79-year-old billionaire, Ross is involved with many coal and steel industries which Trump has promised to bring back to America.

What do you think of Trump's cabinet picks? Do you think he's doing a good job of 'draining the swamp'?