Everything I Want To Tell My Dad

Everything I Want To Tell My Dad

Behind every daughter is a great dad.

55
Everything I Want To Tell My Dad
Colleen Flynn

Dear Dad,

I want to start this by saying thank you. Thank you for everything you do for me. You and mom have done so much for me, and there's nothing in this world that could show how thankful I am for it all. But thank you for being my number one supporter in anything and everything I do.

Thank you for being the best coach in soccer and softball. From second grade to the end of high school, you were either coaching from the bench of cheering on the sidelines and I ran up and down the field or made a play from first base or center field. Thank you for the endless hours of working on shooting off corner kicks at the park or working on batting practices. Thank you for sitting in the pouring rain or hot as hell sun during my soccer tournaments, and staying through my double header softball games that didn't end till 11 at night. I never would have gone that far in either sport if it wasn't for your amazing help as a coach.

Thank you for teaching me that the only sport team to love (no matter how bad their seasons are) was the New Jersey Devils. Thank you for taking me to game after game, sometimes up to three a week. We saw playoff games live, rivalry games, listened to the hilarious people sitting around us (especially at the Toronto games). And thank you so so much for taking me to meet and greets with the players, and standing in line with me so our jerseys could be signed by all our favorite players.

Thank you for teaching me how to parallel park. I know that must've been hell to go through with that, with my endless complaining and carrying on when I couldn't get it. Thank you for buying me food because I was so upset after I failed my drivers test the first time. And thank you for going back with me for the second time. Thankfully I passed that time.

Thank you for taking me on all those skiing trips to Vermont. We've gone all over the place and skied as long as we could throughout the days. We always stopped at the same Irish pub the night we get there, and always ate at other incredible restaurants. Waking up early each morning to head out into the freezing cold to go skiing was something to look forward to every weekend.

Last but certainly not least, thank you for letting me go to my number one school. You and mom sat me down and told me you wanted me to go here because you knew how much I loved the school, despite the fact that it was the most expensive. Thank you for allowing me to send my decision for here in and getting me to enjoy my time at school. Thank you for coming to pick me up on some weekends and for break, and then having to turn back around a few days later to bring me back.

Thank you for being my number one supporter and giving me so much in life. I love you and can't thank you enough.

Love,

Queenie