My future plans

To Everyone Who Overlooked Me & Did Not Give Me A Chance, Thank U Next

You can do ANYTHING you put your mind to and I am a walking testimony for that.

81
Jada Boyd

There comes a point in your life when you realize that you're the sh*t. To all my family members, I love you all dearly but excuse my language. This world is filled with hate and negativity and many people dish it out because they want you to be miserable with them.

But, no. You have a chance to wake up and be who YOU are every day and many people aren't fortunate to do this because they do not know who they are. I'm going to first address everyone who has overlooked me & secondly, I'm going to address why they matter.

https://unsplash.com/photos/bJhT_8nbUA0

I have been told many awful things leading to who I am today. I've been bullied for being short, having big teeth, my eczema, my financial state and more. People have doubted my dreams. For example, I want to move to Houston, Texas after I finish graduate school. Many people that I've told my dreams to have questioned why I want to move to Texas, what's in Texas, and am I going to be successful in Texas.

It's so sad because these are my dreams and this is what I'd like to do. It's like no one is even giving me the chance to be great, but it's all good because dreams don't fail you. I am quite frankly tired of being overlooked and limited by people's lack to have an open mind. These people who have doubts about my dreams are significant in my life because they give me the fuel to achieve my goals and dreams. These are the people who will see the bigger picture that I need them to see once I accomplish everything that I've set for myself.

https://unsplash.com/photos/E9uJ65vwGmE

I've learned that it's fine to be overlooked or doubted because it helps you grind harder than ever. I would not be the person that I am today if it wasn't for the people who doubts me and my abilities. I have also learned so much about myself and my dreams. I've learned that your dreams cannot fail you. They cannot fail you because they're the element that will always be there. People come and go, things come and go, but your dreams are something you establish and they become a part of you.

Throughout college, I have experienced so much. I have lost people along the way and lost myself along the way, but I've achieved every goal that I have set for myself. Through everything, my grades nor ambition to achieve my dreams have not altered, once.

https://unsplash.com/photos/zi1GRsLym3s

If you've been overlooked or feel that everyone doubts your dreams or if you can achieve your goals, please, do not let these people make you feel as though you cannot reach your full potential. Many people do not want others to succeed because of the failures that they have encountered, but you MUST go through failures to get to success. You can do ANYTHING you put your mind to and I am a walking testimony for that.

To everyone who has EVER overlooked me or has doubted me:

Thank U, Next.