Everyone Needs To Listen To Iliza Shlesinger

If you've ever seen anything performed by the stand-up comedian Iliza Shlesinger, you know that on top of being hilarious, her comedy is honest and inspirational. Being a 20-year-old college student, I have found every interview, show and performance she has taken part in to be something that everyone should hear, as it's more than simple comedy. Everyone should listen to Iliza Shlesinger and here's why:

She Says What Other People Won't

A lot of stand-up comedians, for the most part, address topics that other people would choose not to, including topics like sex, society, and personal conflicts. However, most other stand-up comedians solely address these topics to get a good laugh or tell a funny story. If you listen to anything regarding these topics as addressed by Iliza, you get a new perspective. You don't just hear her address them to be funny, but on top of the humor she displays, she's actually getting the word out on her thoughts and ideals about these topics.

One of my personal favorites would be when she talks in her Confirmed Kills tour about feminism. When addressing this topic, Shlesinger mentions sexual oppression and the fact that men are seen as such a dominant gender simply because they're physically stronger than women. At one point, she continues to say "do you think if women were physically stronger than men we would have waited for the right to vote?" As Shlesinger mentions this, she then goes on to give humorous examples and jokes about the topic. However, Shlesinger was serious about the topics addressed and is still giving her personal input about it.

Everything She Says Is Relatable

While Iliza does talk about various topics, they're all relatable to basically everyone or any situation. Whether it's about girls' bags or going out or boys, everything she talks about is so relatable, it's like she's reading your mind. I've never heard of a description of the bottom of my bag more clearly than when she talks about them on her Confirmed Kills taping. Her bit about the "party goblin" could not be a more accurate description of how you act when going out.

She's a True Role Model

Iliza is without a doubt the funniest comedian I've listened to. On top of how she is at her career, she's a phenomenal role model for others. She's managed to keep her composure, which most celebrities don't. Additionally, she really does advocate for women's rights and equality and addresses the issues with society today and how we need to command respect as women by acting appropriate towards one another. Shlesinger also supports the advocates for people being happy with the way they are, and not to listen to society when they say everything is wrong with you. When it comes to her fans, she also shows consistent love and support and appreciation for them, where most celebrities seem to lose appreciation for those sorts of things.

While Shelsinger is a great role model and relatable, her comedy is absolutely hilarious. If you listen to her, you will not fail to be humored and inspired.