What Your Tea Preference Says About You

What Your Tea Preference Says About You

How tea-rrific!

1139
What Your Tea Preference Says About You
Recipes Hubs

After my first week of class, sampling all kinds of beverages (the non-alcoholic ones, of course), I realized that my whole life has been a lie. I’ve always loved all kinds of tea because it detoxified all of my anxiety and stress, but in high school, I always relied on my Starbucks caramel macchiato to get me through my all-nighters. It wasn't until I tried pure, hand-dripped coffee on the way to my Classics discussion that it dawned on me: I’m not really cut out for real coffee. The coffee I was accustomed to drinking was sweetened with syrup and diluted with milk. Actually, real coffee was bitter, real coffee made me anxious, real coffee wasn’t for me. So, from then on, I decided to switch from coffee to tea as my favorite caffeinated drink.

Of course, that doesn't mean that I hate coffee now. I still indulge in a flat white or a cappuccino every time I’m at Starbucks. But, I’ve realized that I’m more of a tea person than a coffee person, and like every tea person, I have my preferences. So, I have a question: What does your tea preferences say about you?

1. If you like black tea…

You’re very reliable and straightforward. You may be a little blunt, but honesty is always the best policy. You’re not judgmental or pretentious: you accept people the way they are.

2. But, what about milky tea?

If you love milky tea, you tend to be organized and well-prepared. You never procrastinate (college life goals), and you never leave your room in a rush. You’re also very loyal to your family and friends; you have a perpetually warm aura around you that makes people feel comfortable around you.

3. Or maybe you like your tea milky and sweet...

Well, you know what they say: you are the tea you drink. Okay, maybe that was a bit of a stretch, but no one can deny how sweet and warm you are. You’re friendly and funny, and you’re always there for your friends, ready to chat about love and life.

4. If you like green tea…

If only every college student can find their inner peace like you. You’re disciplined and always calm, and you always steer clear from petty arguments (so, Kim K and Kanye West probably won’t fall under this category #burn). You’re concerned about your physical and mental health, so you try your very best to treat your body like you would a temple. Props to you, my friend!

5. Or, maybe you prefer white tea...

You’re introverted, but that doesn’t mean you’re shy. You just have a rich inner life and prefer to be in the presence of those who inspire you. You hate small talk; you prefer deep, meaningful conversation that you can learn from.

6. If you like Earl Grey…

You give the best advice because everything you say is articulate and deliberate. You’re poised and analytical; you always think before you speak. You were probably a member of your high school’s debate team since you carefully construct everything you say.

7. Darjeeling?

You’re charismatic and outgoing. You put everyone in a good mood, no matter the situation. You’re never judgmental or apathetic; you can put anyone at ease. But, that doesn’t mean you don’t have a rich inner life as well!

8. If you, like my parents, love chai...

And, no, I’m not talking about the chai tea latte. You’re witty, charming, and creative; you can hold any kind of conversation. Everyone you meet feels as if they’re already your friend because of your warmth and charisma. No one can ever forget you.

9. Or, if you, like me, love mint tea...

You’re adventurous; you’re willing to try every cuisine and travel every country. Your wanderlust is so strong that you start planning your next trip immediately after you return from your previous one. You’re open-minded to new cultures and possibilities, and you’re never afraid to live in the moment and embrace change fully.

10. If you like chamomile...

You’re the mom of your friend group. Everyone turns to you for advice or a shoulder to cry on. You’re caring and nurturing, and you always put others before yourself. But, don’t be afraid to say no and treat yourself some time!

11. If you like fruit tea...

You’re sensitive. You feel all kinds of happiness and pain to the tenth degree. As a result, you try your best to not hurt other people, and you are forever loyal to your friends and family. You also like things that smell nice.

12. If you like oolong…

You’re a go-getter. You are a bursting ball of energy, determined to achieve the goals you have set for yourself. You are a natural leader; you never follow. You inspire others to chase their dreams in the ways you did.

13. If you like iced tea...

You probably own a veranda in your garden, and summer is probably your favorite season. You’re mellow and always remember to stop and smell the roses from time to time. Life isn’t about the destination. It’s about the journey, and you’re ready to make the most of it.