Everyone Is Dating... Except For Me

Everyone Is Dating... Except For Me

Will I ever get that MRS. degree?

470
Everyone Is Dating... Except For Me

Love is in the air. High school "frenemies" are getting engaged, and college best friends are getting married. Everyone is in a relationship and everyone is on cloud nine. Everyone except for you.

Can I tell you something about being single? IT'S OKAY. Chick flicks have engrained in our heads that we need to be engaged in college and married as soon as we graduate. So we start to freak out when it's our junior year and we still haven't found Mr. Right, yet. Actual anxiety sets in because it seems that everyone you know has found their special someone. All of the sudden, you start truly worrying that you're going to be THAT cat lady. I have one word for you: Chill.

Have you ever thought it's a good thing to be single in college? Has that ever occurred to you? Here are some reasons why:

1. Focus on school

You're paying so much money to attend an institution to then graduate and find a job. You're not paying money to find your mate. College isn't speed dating. Truly focus on your studies and getting those good grades. They mean more right now then a relationship.

2. Money

Dating is expensive. Whether it's buying little things to surprise them with, putting gas in your car to see them, or paying for dinner, having a significant other is pricey. When you're not worrying about that, you have all of that extra money to spend on yourself or stick into savings for something later in life.

3. Flirting

Who's to say that you can't sit next to that cute someone in class and then walk next to that cute someone else on your way out of class? There is so much freedom in being single because you can flirt with whoever you want. You want to go on a date on Friday night with someone and then hang out with someone else Saturday afternoon? DO IT. You have that freedom!

4. Freedom

Want to stay in on a Friday night with your girls? You can do this without feeling guilty. You can hang out with who you want and not be tied down to who you're dating. It really is freeing to not be dating someone.

5. Acceptance

Y'all, it really is okay to be single. Get the thought that something is wrong with you out of your mind because that isn't true. God has someone so amazing out there for you, be patient.

Enjoy being single! Make memories with your girlfriends before you have to take someone else into consideration. Enjoy college, no matter if you have a boo or not.