Every Day Should Be Father's Day

Every Day Should Be Father's Day

Having an amazing dad is something everyone should be thankful for.

625
Every Day Should Be Father's Day
Cydney Robbins

Not all of us are blessed to have dads, but for those of us who do - this one's for you. People, like me, wonder on and on about what to get their dad for Father's Day. Some people get so caught up in it that it is easy to forget the real meaning of Father's Day. Father's Day is meant to thank our fathers for everything they do for us, but shouldn't that be everyday? I think it is important to realize that every day can be Father's Day. Be grateful and start thanking him for everything he does.

So dad, here are only a few things I am very thankful for on this day:

1. Thank you for coming to my sports games, even when the weather sucked.
2. Thank you for all of your support. Especially when I don't make the greatest choices, you still have my back.
3. Thank you for showing my mom how a woman should be loved. My whole life you were an example of how I deserve to be loved by someone.
4. Thank you for the endless amounts of candy and tissues after I had my first heartbreak (but really, every heartbreak). And for watching the same rom-com with me every time.
5. Thank you for calling me out when you know I could do better. You never let me settle. Future me also thanks you.
6. Thank you for being a goofball. You're the one I can call when I'm down and will instantly cheer me up.
7. Thank you for being the best adventure buddy ever!
8. Thank you for leading our family with strength and grace.
9. Thank you for all the midnight premieres you went with me to.
10. But most importantly, thank you for being my very best friend, loving me when I'm most unlovable, picking me up and dusting me off when the world knocks me down, and for always being my knight in shining armor.

Having an amazing dad is something people should be thankful and grateful for. Forever.

To me, it is always important to tell him how much you love him. How thankful you are to have such an amazing role model in your life, not just on Father's Day. Father's Day is a great day to celebrate cookouts, golf outings, and other things, but it will make your dad's day even better to hear you say "thank you" on Father's Day and on just an ordinary day.