Even Though You Hurt Me, I Still Want You To Be Happy

It may be hard, but it’s worth it

542
Bees Knees Supply

Disclaimer: I am not saying that being in a relationship at a young age is bad thing, or that you can’t express yourself. I am truly just trying to let you know that break ups happen, and there are ways you can get through them. These are just a few reasons that I think are important after a break up happens.

After a sudden break up, most of the time the last thing you want for the other person is happiness. Well,months later when you see they are happy and doing well, you think why can’t that be me or why weren’t they that happy with me? There are so many reasons why you should look at the scenario positively and with a good attitude. First and most important is that it gives you a chance to work on yourself.

While being in a relationship at a young age can be a good thing, most people tend to focus on what society wants a relationship to look like. You look past who you are and what you want out of life, and you don’t start thinking about that again until you are all by yourself. Finding yourself and being yourself is the way you can have the strongest relationship with another person.

The second thing is that no matter what the two of you went through to put you in this position, you should still want the best for the person. Yes, it’s hard as hell seeing the one you loved happy with someone else. But trust me when I say that you still care about them so much that you want them to be happy and you want them to succeed at life. It may not be easy, at first, but as long as you give it time, it will get better.

Third, even though it can be a really hard situation the more you let it get to you, the more it hurts. The sooner you can move past it, not move on -- but past it -- makes it mentally and emotionally easier to move on.

Fourth, you have a moment to make new friends, hang out with your current friends and go out and see the world on a different level. You are given more freedom to go out with friends or spend a night in.

I’m not saying it is going to be easy or fast, but I am going to say that you can get through it. The days get better, you get stronger, friendships get stronger and your eyes are opened to new things every day. Don’t worry if this doesn’t happen in days or months. To tell you the truth, it took me close to two years. It won’t happen overnight, that’s for sure; it can happen, eventually. Just be who you are and work towards being happy with that, and you’re taking a step in the right direction.