Our Ethnic Moms

Our Ethnic Moms

Things people with ethnic moms will relate to.

79
Our Ethnic Moms
Renee Henck

Us lovely individuals with ethnic parents know how much more difficult it is, not always in a bad way, but they are definitely different. Almost everything is different. From asking questions to getting praise is a different factor from other parents. However, this is mostly based on moms because in ethnic households, it is usually the mother who is the boss.

1. When you work so hard to figure out your outfit, but...

You honestly think you did not look too bad, I mean everyone else wears outfits like this. But no, if your mom says you look like a hobo, then you probably do. Who else knows what you look good in better than your mom, right? ... That was a rhetorical question...

2. You have to make sure everything sounds alright when you answer her call...

No reason to get her mad at someone else for the extra noise, and trust me, everyone respects this silence. And to that one person who decides to yell out randomly in the middle of the, just why? Why?!

3. After the most heated argument, but you still gotta talk to your mom...

Yes, it is that bad... And at times, you really wish you had handled things a lot differently. Because at this point, may God help you. But some of us think through it like, "Maybe if we tell her how much we are sorry, she will agree." Guaranteed it does not always work....

4. The NAME

Or even if she uses that tone with your name... Mine is the tone, and gosh you freeze as if Elsa just froze your heart, and hope that you're not in as big of trouble as you think you are. All the thoughts from past to present to future hit you and you go through thinking where you went wrong.

But honestly, we have to love our moms because they do keep us in line. They also feed us really good food. Really it is a win-win situation. I do not think anyone out there has a perfect mom, but I know that no child is perfect either. We were placed into these families for a reason, and I guess we find out along the way. Ethnic moms are pretty awesome, though. They teach their children to be strong-willed and successful. They have the same jobs as any other mom. Somehow, they make living with them full of drama, yet so much more eventful at the same time. So if you have one, make sure to thank them for always keeping us on our toes... She actually taught us how to be ninjas...