19 Episodes Of Gilmore Girls To Binge Before The Revival

The girls are back - get out the coffee and PopTarts.

51
MovieWeb

*pulls out treasure trove of Gilmore Girls gifs*

I am psyched for the revival episodes to hit Netflix on Friday. I may even stay up late just to start the first one. Anyways, I decided now would be a good time to list my favorite episodes from every season of Gilmore Girls. You don't have enough time to watch the entire series before A Year in the Life releases if you're just starting now, but you can at least watch the pilot and these episodes.

1. Episode 1x06 - "Rory's Birthday Parties"

I love the contrast between the two parties and how it feels when Richard and Emily enter the girls' Stars Hollow world.

2. Episode 1x07 - "Kiss and Tell"

The classic "thank you" after a kiss moment.

3. Episode 2x05 - "Nick & Nora/Sid & Nancy"

Anyone who knows me knows I'm firmly Team Jess, so his introduction is a classic episode in my book.

4. Episode 2x10 - "The Bracebridge Dinner"

Historical inaccuracies aside, there's just something so enchanting about the setting and atmosphere of this episode. (Plus, SHIPS.)

5. Episode 2x13 - "A-Tisket, A-Tasket"

MY SHIP IS PRACTICALLY SAILING. (Dean needs to take a chill pill, though.) Also on the ship radar are Sookie and Jackson (so many heart eyes for them) and a brief moment for Luke and Lorelai.

6. Episode 2x16 - "There's the Rub"

I love how this episode starts to build Paris and Rory's friendship and continues to build the Jess/Rory ship.

7. Episode 2x22 - "I Can't Get Started"

Literally all the messes. Rory is an idiot about boys as usual, but at least this finally happens.

8. Episode 3x07 - "They Shoot Gilmores, Don't They?"

Dance marathon! Kirk is a dweeb. Dean and Rory are finally over. Good times around.

9. Episode 3x09 - "A Deep-Fried Korean Thanksgiving"

There's just something about the eccentricity of the various Thanksgivings that enchants me.

10. Episode 3x22 - "Those Are Strings, Pinocchio"

The better of the two Rory graduation episodes, in my opinion.

11. Episode 4x02 - "The Lorelais' First Day at Yale"

It's not even set on Rory's first day of classes, but it's so good. I may have rewatched it the night before I started my junior year of college in August...

12. Episode 4x07 - "The Festival of Living Art"

The wackiness of Stars Hollow is on display in a lot of episodes, but this is by far one of my favorites.

13. Episode 4x21 - "Last Week Fights, This Week Tights"

*bounces* Shipshipshipshipshipship.

14. Episode 4x22 - "Raincoats and Recipes"

That pterodactyl screech you hear is me. Also the Dragonfly Inn opens, which is something the series has been moving towards since season one. (And I'm gonna pretend that Dean/Rory stuff didn't happen.)

15. Episode 5x03 - "Written in the Stars"

Luke is all in.

16. Episode 5x13 - "Wedding Bell Blues:

So of course I hate Christopher in this episode (what episode do I not hate Christopher in?), but I love Richard and Emily at their vow renewal, and this is one of the few episodes when I really enjoy Logan with Rory.

17. Episode 6x08 - "Let Me Hear Your Balalaikas Ringing Out"

Jess is back, so... Plus he's the only one talking sense that Rory is actually sort of listening to.

18. Episode 6x18 - "The Real Paul Anka"

More Jess. Luke trying to bond with April. Rory is a bit of an idiot, but that's par for the course for this season.

19. Episode 7x22 - "Bon Voyage"

Let's be honest, this whole season was a disaster except for this episode. But don't mind me, I'm just weeping over Richard telling Lorelai how proud he is of her and Emily saying, "It's not as though the two of you are saying goodbye," but really, he was saying goodbye to us. *insert weeping emoji*

So are you ready for "Gilmore Girls: a Year in the Life"?