Entry-Level Career Positions Ask For Too Much Experience

How am I supposed to find a career job?

146
The Mirror

Lately, I’ve been searching for some entry-level job positions online in my major. Now, whatever my major is aside, all entry-level job positions for literally anyone with ANY possible major ask for several years of previous experience in such a specific field as well as previous JOB experience in the field.

Both of these make no sense to me because normally those looking for the entry-level positions in their majors are just exiting college and likely have no other experience in the field due to the demands that colleges ask of their students. Workload, time, and stress take up most of a college student’s life and therefore they would be unable to have a lot of experience in the subject needed for the entry-level job.

They prefer internships because it gives that experience they are looking for.

I don’t know if it's just me, but how can I apply and be accepted into an entry-level job position in my career field if they are also asking for three years of experience in a similar job (full-time) as well as several internship positions in my resume?

How am I supposed to accomplish all of this while being in college full-time and having a minimum wage retail job to pay the bills college has forced upon me? How? If anyone knows the answer can you please let me know? Because so far, no entry-level position will accept students straight out of college unless you have the resume of a forty-year-old.

Therefore, I guess us, college students, are expected to work for free in unpaid serious internships for the first two to three years after graduating college. Which means that we can’t pay bills, live on our own, or basically have any freedom or independence during our debt-filled years. Unless these entry-level jobs all have spelling errors in their required standards that say college graduates must have a resume similar to that of a middle-aged adult.

My guess is that all entry-level career positions do expect freshly graduated college kids to have such years of experience. I don’t know. All I know is that even though I will likely have over five unpaid internships throughout my years in college as well as great grades and volunteer work on my resume, I will still have to search high and low, side to side, and cry for many hours to find an entry-level position. One that will accept my so-called "limited experience" for this career.

So, if you freak out during the last few years of your college days or your first few months of being newly graduated from university, don’t worry. It is entirely likely that ninety-five percent of your graduating college class is also freaking out because finding an entry-level job is super impossible. Make your connections with possible career opportunities now because it seems like that’s the only logical way for anyone to get a job after college nowadays.

Good luck and Godspeed, fellow stressed university students.