Why Is The Single Life One That Many Fear?

The single life doesn't mean a lonely or sad life. Aside from what many believe the single life can be a great one

159

Is it the fear of being alone or maybe the unsaid stigma that society pressures on women. Most feel that by a certain age they must be married, thinking about starting a family or at least in a promising relationship. From a young age, girls are brainwashed to believe that a happy life includes being a wife. Not to say that women who are in relationships or are married should've stayed single. It's a beautiful thing to see two people fall in love and settle down to spend the rest of their life together. For those who stay single, it's nothing to frown upon or look down on.

Women shouldn't be pressured by society to have a relationship if they would prefer to live life single. It leaves women feeling as if they are missing out on something or in constant search for a relationship with someone just to have the title as girlfriend or wife. When society hears of a woman who is single we nearly panic and treat them as if they are in need of some sort of matchmaking.

What society needs to understand is that some women enjoy the single life and aren't interested in any type of matchmaking. For any women who enjoy the single life, not being in a relationship doesn't make them any less than. Being single can be better than most people assume.

Most find themselves while single. Many say that they find confidence and discover their true selves while single. Aside from what many assume some are even happier single than when they were or would be while in a relationship. When you're single you have more time to focus on yourself. As selfish as it may sound it's important to be able to identify with who you are, what you like and what values or qualities matter most to you. The great part about it is that if you find you're ready for a relationship, you may find yourself seeking someone who lives up to those same qualities or values.

Another benefit to the single life is learning to be alone. It's nice to have a special someone to go on dates with but being alone isn't a bad thing. Some may find happiness in the company of others which is great. The truth is that you can have a great time going to see a movie, grabbing lunch or any other fun activities alone. Being single doesn't disable nor disqualify you from going out to have a good time.

The best part about being single is becoming more independent. You know that you're worth it, that you're strong and beautiful without having a counterpart tell you so. You're also capable of accomplishing whatever goals you have set for yourself and become your own motivational speaker. Some fear that this is the toughest part about being single. It's a valuable quality to know that your just as capable of being your own support system whether single or in a relationship with someone who reminds you.

The single life doesn't mean lonely, lost or miserable. Although being in a relationship can be great, the single life isn't as bad as society makes it out to be.