Health Goals To Accomplish Before The End Of 2018
Life Stages

When You Realize There Are 3 Months Left In 2018 And You Need To Make Some Lifestyle Changes

Four goals that I'm aiming to settle into before 2019 arrives.

205

It's just now starting to set in that 2018 is wrapping up. I have attachment issues, so of course, I'm oddly a little sad to be preparing for fall (as I dread the winter months to come). However, I'm hopeful for the opportunities to come. Summer was definitely a season of prayer, meditation and PAIN! As a result, I've manifested some beautiful victories and now I'm ready to settle in and maintain.

I've been setting goals and boundaries to ensure that I am growing in my personal life.

"Such a person is double-minded and unstable in all they do," — James 1:8

With this scripture in mind, I've been reflecting on areas that I am "double-minded" and if so, how can I approve. As I reflected on some changes that I'd like to make before the year comes to a close, I figured these four BIG improvements would be worth the time and effort:

1. Beginning my mornings with gratitude

I've noticed that the routines/rituals are crucial! How I start and end my day is insanely influential on my mental wellness. With this mind, I'm desiring to be intentional with implementing good practices such as: listening to encouraging music as I'm getting dressed and listing out everything that I am fortunate to have. During this time, I'll also be praying and asking my spirit to lead me throughout the day. In my opinion, an increase in my prayer life is the most vital adjustment. I've been working on being steadfast and focused. My overall hope is to ensure that my actions and desires align so I can manifest what it is that I'm envisioning.

2. Keep my mornings sacred, also known as, stay off social media until 12 p.m. or later

I've been dousing myself with Instagram lately. Refreshing my timelines every few seconds and scrolling up and down — even in the presence of others. This, my friends, is a problem! A huge issue of abuse as I've been using these social media apps and not utilizing my time appropriately. It's actually disturbing because I felt myself not being able to put my phone down. With revelation comes responsibility, so I decided to set boundaries. I'm hoping that this decision will be the start for me 'unplugging' and placing my attention on being present.

3. Hit the gym at least three times a week

Once upon a time, I was very disciplined in keeping up with my "gym time." I was working out five times a week and loving the results that I was seeing. I'm not sure what happened but I have completely neglected that regimen! I haven't had a set gym routine in months and the results are aching. Not only is my body reverting back to what it was before, but my energy level has rapidly decreased. With such a busy schedule, it's ideal that I have some sort of workout regimen to maintain my overall wellness.

4. Spend more time planning, praying and working on my goals in private

My goal is to spend more time working towards my goals and less time 'hanging out'. Although my social life has changed drastically post-graduation, I STILL feel like I need to hone in more on what I want for my future. I want to build my moral compass, my esteem, my work-ethic and many more personal aspects.

"But when you pray, go into your room, close the door and pray to your Father, who is unseen. Then your Father, who sees what is done in secret, will reward you." — Matthew 6:6

I hope to add to this practice as I work towards what I prayed for in private. Again, the purpose is to really stabilize me mentally and hone into my goals!