A Much-Needed Love Letter To Myself

A Much-Needed Love Letter To Myself

A nice pick-me-up

84
A Much-Needed Love Letter To Myself
Destiny Simpson

Dear Me,

I know it has been a very long time since you gave yourself any love or admiration. And I know I can be flaky, always leaving you when you need me most. I left you floundering around on your own, to rely on others for encouragement and strength. I shouldn't have left you, to only be held up by strangers when I should be the one to be your shelter, the shoulder to cry on, and your praise. And I am sorry I seldom tell you how much you mean to me and how much I love you.

The thing is, you are such a kind, sensitive person that has such a beautiful soul and atmosphere about you. Anyone is lucky to be in your presence, me most of all. You always try to lift people up, even when you don't realize it, but you never stop to think about yourself. You self-sacrifice so much to help others, and it can leave a toll on you. I want you to know it's all going to be okay.

It's OK. Not everything is going to be perfect, plans might not fall through the way you wanted, and some people you thought were friends are going to hurt you. There's going to be things or actions people do that you don't understand, but don't let it frustrate you. God has a reason for everything, so don't worry so much about the little things.

Your love is deeper and more loyal than anyone I know, and I know you better than anyone in the world. You deserve so much more than what you put up with, and you do not have to change anything. Unless it's to put down that seventh cookie, or stop laying in bed self loathing. There's no reason for that, life is too short to lay under covers pretending to forget all your problems and trying to hate the people that hate you. You are strong. You are beautiful. You are creative. You are hard working. You can do anything you set your sights on. Never give up, and stop listening to the few that have negative things to say. The only opinion that matters is your own. Don't let others influence your views and feelings.

There's no reason to run for cover. But I shouldn't have to teach you to have a thick shell, because you will always have a sweet nature. That's what makes you so special, and why others are going to try to infect you with hateful, jealousy.

You are so worthy. God thought it was a gift to bring you into this world, and you will always remain a gift. You do not need anyone else's approval, love, or friendship to feel happy and whole. Together, we are enough. We can conquer anything. I will always have your back and I will always love you. I will respect, honor, and cherish all of you. Forever and ever.

Yours truly,

Me