A Word Of Encouragement To My Fellow Single Christians, From A Very Single Christian

He loves us singles so much that He doesn't want us to enter into a committed relationship before we're ready. How cool is that?

2240
Personal Photo

This is for the single, single Christian guy or girl. For the single Christian who is like me. The single Christian who has never had their first kiss, has never been in a committed romantic relationship, or had anyone take an interest in them. This is for you, and for any other single Christians out there who are struggling with accepting God's plan for their life of singleness.

I want you to know that God has someone or a group of friends especially in mind for you. I know you've probably heard this from everyone at church, and from all your friends who are in relationships. I know it's hard to believe this promise when it seems that no one around you seems to notice you, but always remember that God does. He sees you, and the truth is, He's hiding you. He's saving you from heartbreak, regret, guilt, and plenty of drama. So far, God has saved you from a lifetime of situations you didn't have to face. I think that's something to be grateful for.

Here is what I want to encourage you to do: enjoy this time of being single, and get to know yourself better. Do some serious introspection; do the things you've always wanted to do, alone. Don't feel obligated to always hang out with friends.

Go on trips or out to eat alone. Take yourself out on a date. Most importantly, just spend time with God. This is the rare, precious time He has given you to get to know Him better and to grow in Him. Singleness is a gift, which is hard to see living in a generation that expects everyone to be settled and married by the time they're 25.

Meet people, and put yourself out there. Build your confidence in Christ, and how special He made you to be. His plan for your life is bigger than you getting hitched in the future.

Even in the midst of your singleness, and learning how to be single, it's okay to feel discouraged. There will be days that you will feel impatient, frustrated, and lonely. It's okay to feel this way, because God created us with a desire for companionship. Just know that even though you don't have a romantic companion right now, it's okay to seek companionship in great friends who can help draw you closer to Christ, and encourage you in your walk with him. Ask God to lead you to the right people for you, in this season of your life.

I also want to encourage you not to spend this time wishing for a relationship. Now is the time for you to build the foundation for your marriage by learning to be sufficient as you are, in whatever season you are in currently, with your identity rooted in Christ. Many people wish they could go back to their single years in order to cherish this time more, to get to know themselves better, and to just live life. Always remember, it's better to be alone, than to be stuck in a relationship that you hate or don't want to be in.

Learn as much as you can from friends who are in relationships, and listen to those who are older than you who have gone through the season you are in now. Write down the traits or qualities you would like in your future spouse, and pray that God will bring someone into your life who meets not only the desires of your heart, but His plan for your life.

Yes, you can tell God these things, because He does care about the things that you think are small and insignificant. They matter to Him just as much as they matter to you. And yes, He can provide your desires in the person He has set aside for you. He's God for crying out loud. He can work a miracle for you, you just have to let Him.

Now may even be the time to start praying for your future spouse. I started doing this in December of 2017, and it has been the best decision I have ever made. I know my future husband is getting lots of prayer, and I have it on good authority that God is blessing his life.

By being prayerful for your future spouse, it helps you to realize that God is actually preparing you for your future spouse and your future together, because the more you pray, the more you will begin to see yourself and your life change completely.

This is also your time to pursue your purpose, and to ask God how he can use you for His glory in this time of singleness. Chase God, work for him, and let him take care of everything else in your life. Remember, it's always God's timing and His pace over our own.

We can't see what's up ahead, and when we run ahead of him, it may lead to destruction. God's timing is never late, even if it feels like you've been waiting for a relationship for your entire life. Your waiting is God preparing you for each and every moment of your life. He is also preparing you for you and your future spouse, and the life He will call the both of you to live together. While popular culture would tell us otherwise, singleness is not a curse, but instead, it's God's protection and unfailing love for us.

I think that's so awesome, and a tribute to how mighty and wonderful God is. He loves us singles so much that He doesn't want us to enter into a committed relationship before we're ready. How cool is that? Seriously, I can't get over how dope that promise over our life is.

The waiting may seem long, but the less you focus on it, the less weary you will become. When you shift your focus unto Jesus, you begin to slow down, and focus on His pace and His timing. Life becomes more of a journey than a timed race.

If you're trying to force God's hand and go at your own pace, you will get burned out. When you get back on God's level and say 'God, I'm going to wait on you, I know you will bring the right person or people into my life in your perfect timing', life becomes much more beautiful and thrilling than you could have ever imagined. Many times you won't even remember you're single, because you're not constantly focused on it. You'll be so busy being grateful for life, and for God's daily blessings and faithfulness in your walk with Him.

I don't want you to worry. It's easy to get worried and get caught up in the lie the Devil will try to feed you that you are 'forever alone'. He did that with me, and for most of my life, especially the deeper I got into college, the more I believed this deception. I promise you that you won't be single forever. There will be a huge breakthrough in your life, but you just have to be continually patient until it comes.

If it is His plan for you to marry, He will open that door, it just may not be when you want, or when you're constantly obsessing over it.

If God doesn't provide a spouse for you, which sometimes He doesn't, He will provide many friends who will sustain you and help you to grow. He has been saving these specific friends for you, to provide you with the companionship that you so desire. He will always provide, one way or the other.

For now, leave it to God to take care of everything, and do what you can by taking time to be single, to fall more in love with Christ, and to bask in the beauty, joy and pain that life brings.

Run with Christ, and at the right time, He will allow the right person or people to run alongside you. And this time, they won't have trouble keeping up.