15 Emotions You'll Feel While Trying To Register For Classes At Texas A&M

The resilient few who are able to wake up in the early hours of the morning to register for classes, find wifi in places wifi can't be found, and watch their classes meticulously for drops shall make it

1094
@thedaydesigner

As Aggies, college is often remembered through the great moments of the Aggie experience - attending football games, banner holding for organizations, and most notoriously, registering for classes. It's an Aggie's first true tradition. Wide-eyed freshmen attend their New Student Conference excited to register and get their college lives started until they get hit with the reality of registering for classes - the Howdy Portal horror that can best be described as survival of the fittest. The resilient few who are able to wake up in the early hours of the morning to register for classes, find wifi in places wifi can't be found, and watch their classes meticulously for drops shall make it, while the rest will begrudgingly ride an emotional rollercoaster before accepting their 8 am fate.

1. Hope

You know, that feeling you get before you actually check how many seats are available in the class you're looking for.

2. Exhaustion

Who doesn't want to wake up at 5 am on a Monday morning to register for classes? Sleep is for the weak.

3. Stealthiness

Dropping one class and picking up another all while not switching around your entire schedule? Snagging the last spot in the 300-level English class you weren't thinking you were going to get into? All pure ninja skills.

4. Fear

Nothing is worse than typing in your meticulously researched and planned schedule into the CRN bars only to find out that only one class is still available.

5. Anxiety

We've all frantically searched through Aggie Scheduler for new classes after finding out all our first choices are full.

6. Frustration

The struggle of trying to accommodate class availability with the classes already placed on your schedule is real.

7. Denial

But there were four seats in the class yesterday...

8. Rebelliousness

A.k.a the point where emailing President Young about how we can't get into the classes we need to graduate on time sounds like a feasible option.

9. Belief in the good nature of humanity

Maybe someone will drop the 20-seat class I need during add/drop. It's a win-win situation.

10. Kindness towards others

Blessed are those who hold classes for the less fortunate (i.e. those with late registration times) They deserve flowers, candy, and everything good in life.

11. Acceptance

Three days of 8 am - 3 pm. 17 hours. Okay. This will be fine.

12. Realization of the number of hours you're in

But you have a life, need to eat, and like sleep among other things.

13. Envy

For those with early registration. For those with registration at 5 pm instead of 5 am. For those who took the last spots in the class you needed.

14. Victory

When that class you've been stalking finally opens up and you grab a spot.

15. Contentment

After the emotional rollercoaster of planning your class schedule, it's time to relax and pat yourself on the back. You've earned it, and you don't have to do this again for another 5 months.