10 Worship Songs That Never Fail To Make Me Emotional (And My Favorite Lyrics From Them)

I don't get emotional a lot, but when I do there is a 99% chance it is because of one of these songs.

16994

What A Beautiful Name - Hillsong Worship

The first time I ever heard this song, I was sitting in my childhood best friends car, and she had it playing, and she was honestly living her best life while listening to it. I went home and listened to this song on repeat for DAYS and cried my eyes out every time. Thankfully, I'm past that stage, but a tear will slip out every once in a while. (Also, they released an EP with six different versions of this song, and the gospel version is SO good.)

Favorite Lyric: "You have no rival, You have no equal, now and forever God you reign."

So Will I (100 billion X) - Hillsong United

I have been playing guitar for almost five years, and I was so blessed to have a guitar teacher that loved Jesus more than anyone I've ever known. He introduced me to this song (specifically the Tori Kelly version), and I immediately fell in love. It is one of the most lyrically accurate worship songs that have ever heard, and it is altogether SO gorgeous.

Favorite Lyric: "If the sum of all our praises still falls shy, then we'll sing again a hundred billion times."

Dwell - Aaron Keyes

Favorite Lyric: "Your faithfulness is a shield and my great reward."

Great Are You Lord - All Sons And Daughters

Y'all, the harmonies in this song, give me CHILLS. I'm a sucker for awesome guy/girl harmonies (think of things like The Civil Wars) and this song completely fulfills my needs for them. In all honesty, all of their songs have killer harmonies, and they all make me emotional!

Favorite Lyric: "All the earth will shout Your praise, our hearts will cry, these bones will sing, great are you Lord."

God With Us - All Sons And Daughters

Favorite Lyric: "You are here, You are holy, we are standing in Your glory."

The Rock Won't Move - Vertical Worship

Favorite Lyric: "When darkness seems to hide His face, I rest on His unchanging grace, the rock won't move."

Christ Be All Around Me - Leeland

Favorite Lyric: "Your life, Your death, Your blood was shed for every moment."

Difference Maker - NEEDTOBREATHE

I have been a NEEDTOBREATHE fan for literally as long as I can remember. I saw them in 2013, and they sang a song for us that they had written that day and I loved it. It ended up being this song, and it was put onto their 2014 album "Rivers In The Wasteland." This isn't your basic worship song, but I definitely consider it to be one.

Favorite Lyric: "Isn't it amazing how God can find a broken man, let him find a fortune, let him ruin it with his own two hands."

Reckless Love - Cory Asbury

I have to admit, the first time I heard this song, it was because Justin Bieber was singing it on his Instagram story, but I immediately fell in love with the lyrics of the song. It has now become one of my favorite ones, and it's so weird that I can thank Justin Bieber for introducing me to it.

Favorite Lyric: "There's no shadow you won't light up, mountain you won't climb up, coming after me."

This Is Living (Acoustic) - Hillsong Young & Free

Favorite Lyric: "God your freedom is an open door, you are everything I want and more."

.