17 'SpongeBob' Moments We'll Never Forget, In Honor Of Stephen Hillenburg

"Is mayonnaise an instrument?"

199

I remember watching the very first pilot episode of Spongebob Squarepants -- "Help Wanted." Ever since then, Spongebob and all of the other characters of Bikini Bottom have always held a special place in my heart. While completely ridiculous, all of the characters have relatable aspects, which make them that much more enjoyable to watch.

The passing of Stephen Hillenburg has me saddened -- Spongebob was not just a part of my childhood, it has been a part of my entire life. To this day, I watch Spongebob, quote Spongebob, and even dress up like Spongebob characters for Halloween.

So, Stephen Hillenburg, thank you.

Thank you for putting in the time and energy to make a show that continued on, for people of different generations to enjoy and love.

Thank you for making characters who are all so relatable.

Thank you for filling your show with puns and innuendos that I can now understand and giggle over.

Thank you for the lines that I quote on a daily basis ("The pioneers used to ride these babies for miles.").

1. When you go to the gym after not working out for a hot minute. 

2. When you are finally home from college and get some of your parents' delicious home cooked meals.

3. When you live in the south in summer. 

4. When you at least need to pretend like you care. 

5. When you finally get your monthly paycheck after living off of cereal for the past three weeks. 

6. When it is finally Christmas break.

7. When you forgot that the final exam is cumulative. 

8. When it is 3 a.m.

9. When your crush leaves you on read. 

10. When your parents are coming to visit. 

11. When people keep asking what you are doing after graduation. 

12. When someone starts man-splaining to you. 

13. When your entire friend group has personal issues. 

14. When you are the clingy one in the relationship. 

15. When you are watching Netflix and lose track of time. 

16. ...25. 

17. Jk you are beautiful, but this episode was gold. 

Stephen Hillenburg, your legacy will never be forgotten. Rest in absolute paradise.