9 Things We All Did In Middle School During The 2000s

We're all guilty of it.

Middle school. The most embarrassing years of my life. I look back at my pictures and just wonder why in the world would I do that? Why did I look like that? How did someone let me do that? But to be honest, I wouldn't want it any other way because I wouldn't have something to look back on today. Just about every middle school girl can relate to this:

SEE ALSO: 15 Food Items Every 2000s Middle Schooler Was Addicted To

1. Getting "married"

I don't know about you but I took my "marriage" very seriously. We had a 25 cent ring and everything. We called each other "wifey's" to top it all off. Believe it or not, we even had a wedding video. It was pretty legit. Then I found out she was also married to another friend in our friend group. It was a sad breakup but we worked through it and she's my best friend to this day.

2. Duck lips

The legendary duck lips. The bigger the lips the better. I went through a phase where I don't think I ever took a picture with my teeth showing. Why did we think this was cool? I wish I knew.

3. Atrocious wardrobe

Sophie shorts ring a bell? I think I had one in at least every color. Oh and don't forget about my soccer ball ones that I just HAD to wear to soccer practice. What about tying your shirt to the side or tucking in the front of your t-shirt to your shorts? For some reason, this was a long-running style. I am not sure how.

4. Forward messages

Those messages were so annoying yet fun. If I didn't forward those I swear I thought something was actually going to happen to me.

5. Learning everything on the bus

From bad words to inappropriate anything. You learned what things were and where things came from. I learned more things on the bus than I ever did in school.

6. Festivals

They were the best thing to do on a summer weekend. You couldn't miss it. Although no on really rode the rides or played games. It was basically a giant get together for your side of town with a bunch of middle school drama.

7. Awkward mirror selfies

Don't lie, we've all taken them at some point.

8. Edited pictures

There were edited pictures with irrelevant words surrounding our faces. Or writing the words "BFF's" around it to make sure everyone knew that you guys were best friends. At some points, I would actually have people like my status for me to make them an edited picture. Consider yourself lucky if you didn't. Pic Monkey was my life.

9. Webcam pictures

What're you doing tonight? Oh, just taking pics on my webcam.

SEE ALSO: A Playlist Of A Middle Schooler From 2007