5 Elle Woods Quotes You Need To Hear Today

Who doesn't love "Legally Blonde?"

1201

Legally Blonde has been one of my all time favorite movies since as long as I can remember. It's funny, inspiring, and definitely a classic. A quick Google search of "chick flicks" will bring it to the forefront of any computer screen. So good.

Elle Woods has got to be one of the best characters ever. She is so relatable. Yes, she's a bit dramatic and "out there", but regardless, she's down to earth, witty, and admirable. In case you haven't seen the movie in a while, here are five quotes from Elle that'll make you want to:

1. "Exercise gives you endorphins. Endorphins make you happy. Happy people just don’t shoot their husbands, they just don’t."

Okay first of all... Very true. She's not wrong. Second of all, I try to remember this (about the endorphins, not about not killing your husband) every time I don't feel like working out. It's truly motivating.

I feel like this is also motivation to get going when you're feeling down. Cheesy and from a chick flick? Yeah maybe. Still true though.

2. "What? Like, it’s hard?"

ICONIC. Absolutely iconic. Sassy and sure of herself. I love it. This is such a positive attitude to have. Plus, Warner was SHOOK when this was her response to him being absolutely baffled that she got into law school.

Little did he know he'd also be surprised later on when she lands a coveted internship alongside him and his new fiance Vivian... And bring the truth to light to expose Chutney in the court case. It's fine.

3. "I once had to judge a tighty-whitey contest for Lambda Kappa Pi. Trust me, I can handle anything."

Again, she's sure of herself. She exudes so much confidence and that's something I think we all could take notes from. How does that saying go? Believe you can and you're already half of the way there? Something like that. Anyways, Elle Woods is already half of the way there.

4. "This is going to be just like senior year, except for funner!"

I'm sorry, I just had to throw this one in there. Totally justifies me saying the word "funner" even though I am fully aware it's not proper English. If Elle Woods can say it, so can I. Also, can we talk about how Elle is able to see the bright side almost always and does her best to remain enthusiastic? That's the kind of energy I'm trying to be on.

5. "And wouldn't somebody who had, say, 30 perms before in their life be well aware of this rule, and if in fact you weren't washing your hair as I suspect you weren't because your curls are still intact, wouldn't you have heard the gunshot, and if in fact you had heard the gunshot Brooke Windham wouldn't have had time to hide the gun before you got downstairs. Which would mean that you would have had to have found Mrs. Windham with a gun in her hand to make your story plausible, isn't that right?"

She really didn't have to snap that hard and win that court case, but she did that, for us- Well, and for Brooke Windham, but that's beside the point. Elle really went and proved herself right while proving almost everyone else wrong.

They were so quick to doubt her and think she wasn't capable of becoming a successful lawyer, mostly because she's categorized as a "dumb blonde" who is full of sometimes arguably naive enthusiasm and a love for all things pink.

She broke through that stereotype and refused to be confined in a box society placed her in. Yes, I understand this is a fictional character we're talking about here, but still relevant and true nonetheless.

Elle Woods is a fictional National Treasure and these quotes are a prime example of why I love her so dang much. I'm not saying I wish I could be her, but I'm not not saying that, either. Thank goodness Reese Witherspoon confirmed a Legally Blonde 3 is in the works last year. Hopefully these quotes can hold us over until then.