Elisabeth Carell, Here Are 9 Reasons Why You Should Choose The University Of Wisconsin-Madison

The students here at UW-Madison want you (and Steve) to know that nothing beats being a Badger.

19761
Facebook

Steve Carell stepped outside of the office and into the hearts of UW-Madison students Monday afternoon.

The celebrity was seen casually touring the campus with his daughter — Elisabeth Carell — in the most dad-like way possible, and cohorts of "The Office" fans and Carell enthusiasts were sending a flurry of tweets to update UW-Madison students on his location.

Close up selfies of students with Carell soon confirmed that he really was on campus and some students said they dropped everything they were doing — including going to class and studying for midterms — just to search for him.

Carell and his daughter are allegedly touring another Big Ten campus, the University of Michigan-Ann Arbor, but the students here at UW-Madison want Elisabeth to know that nothing beats being a Badger.

With that being said, we have one message we'd like to send to her:

Dear Elisabeth Carell,

Choose our campus. This is without a doubt the best college in the nation and we want you to join the Badger family.

Although there are plenty of reasons why you should attend UW-Madison, here are nine.

1. We have the Terrace

No other university can beat the breathtaking view from the Terrace. And on hot summer days, you can relax on the colorful sunburst chairs, jump into Lake Mendota or enjoy a scoop of Babcock ice cream.

2. We have the best mascot in the Big Ten

It's impossible not to love Bucky.

3. We have the craziest game days

You'll get goosebumps on your first Badger game day.

Amid the sea of red, we'll be right there with you dancing to "Jump Around," screaming "We! Want! More! Beer!" and singing "Build Me Up Buttercup." Our marching band will be sure to get you pumped — you won't want to miss it.

4. We have the greatest traditions

Link arms with us to sing our time-honored "Varsity." Participate in our annual Lakeshore-Southeast snowball fight. Walk on a frozen Lake Mendota in the wintertime. Rub Abe's foot for good luck before a big exam or sit on his lap when you graduate.

Needless to say, we have some of the oldest and best college traditions in the nation.

5. We have amazing faculty

What's not to love about Chancellor Becky Blank and Dean of Students Lori Berquam?

They seem to be the best of friends and are always trying to make our campus a better place.

6. We have the most breathtaking views

The view from the top of Bascom Hill will always remind you of just how amazing UW-Madison is.

From the scenery of Lake Mendota during the day to the Capitol building's lights in the evening, our campus has beautiful views that will truly take your breath away.

7. We have State Street

State Street is always lively and bustling.

With dozens of shops, restaurants and food carts, you'll never get bored here.

8. We have a beautiful Capitol

You can enjoy Saturday on the Square, where fresh veggies and baked goods are aplenty at the Dane County Farmers' Market.

On summer days, this is definitely something you'll want to cross off your Badger bucket list.

9. Some of the best people will walk into your life

The camaraderie of Badgers is something you'll be proud of. You'll make connections with some of the best people, and together, you'll make some of the greatest memories ever.

There's no better place to be than UW-Madison — because when you say Wisconsin, you've said it all.