The Rise Of Elijah And Christine

The Rise Of Elijah And Christine

A timeless comedic duo.

Who are they? What are they? Where did they come from?

To start, Elijah and Christine are YouTubers. Christine started on Vine and Elijah started on Twitter, both for comedy. Now they make videos together, are engaged, and have the most electric videos on YouTube. When you hear that “bing bong,” know it’s a video from Elijah and Christine.

None other than my gay best friend introduced me to the timeless duo. That night we had done exactly something that Elijah and Christine would do: a trip to Target at midnight for snacks and face-masks. Even more like Elijah and Christine, one of us was skilled in using the mask while the other was not. Either way, while the mask was drying, we sat on the couch in the dark, and he turned on their first video.

Skipping over Christine’s solo videos, some of which I had already seen, we went right to “STEVE JOBS IS ALIVE??” and I have to say, I haven’t laughed that hard in a while. Getting drunk in the prime of the afternoon certainly doesn’t appeal to me, but it is always fun to watch. Elijah and Christine seem to be the balance of each other, with Nick as an added bonus. However, it wasn’t until they introduced Tom that I was truly sold.

In the video called, “HE PROPOSED AT TACO BELL!!” Tom comes back from England and immediately I fell in love. However, Tom wasn’t the highlight of this video- it was Elijah proposing to Christine with a ring pop. Now, this seems cute, but remember it is Elijah and Christine we’re talking about, so something has to be off. The cute little ring, Elijah hid it in a burrito that Christine found while eating. I think I was crying, but not from sentiment, from laughter.

In all of their antics, I have to say that my favorite Elijah and Christine video is “WE MADE AN ALIEN DILDO BONG!!” From the title and opening credits until the very end I was laughing so hard. The name in itself already strikes a chord with me, but then seeing Elijah “rip the dick” and try to go about it seriously…it was too much. The star of the video this time was Eugene the dog and the dildo Christine found on the street. They stuck the dildo on the glass and Eugene bit it off, after sliding the door open from pulling so hard. I use this video as a starter to everyone I introduce Elijah and Christine to.

Elijah and Christine (and Nick and Tom and Eugene) are the best of friends and never fail to make people smile. Whether they’re at drag shows, Ikea, or buying easy bake ovens to make weed brownies, they always do something that could potentially get them in trouble. Some people like to give Elijah and Christine a hard time for being bad YouTubers, but I don’t see how YouTube could get any better. Put together a Donald Trump fan-fiction writer and bible-studies Viner and you get Elijah and Christine, an undeniable comedy act. Subscribe to their YouTube channel here and try and get them to one million subscribers- if they hit it, they get hitched!