15 Electric Daisy Carnival Essentials

15 Electric Daisy Carnival Essentials

Will you remember everything you need for the big music festival?

2132
15 Electric Daisy Carnival Essentials
Insomniac

Every year in June hundreds of thousands of people from various parts of the world flock to Las Vegas, Nevada for the experience of a lifetime, Electric Daisy Carnival hosted by Insomniac Events. This festival has become one of the biggest in the world. Electric Daisy Carnival is an electric dance music based music festival which has been going on yearly for 20 years.

There is no way that it is possible for each person(including myself) to remember all the essential items needed to make their experience entirely stress free. Although not everything you may need are going to be on this list, I would like to help in assuring that you have a magnificent time by giving you a few reminders.

Electric Daisy Carnival itself is magical, but there are ways to make it even more exciting for yourself and others. Some people go all out for these types of events, and I know when I see those people it makes me super happy, so why not try to be that person? I will share with you the top five not necessary but fun items to bring with you to an electric dance music festival.

When it comes to any music festival, I believe there are two categories which are extremely important to remember certain items from; some of which are vital to the entire experience being great. There are general essentials which are so helpful in and out of the festival. People always dress to impress at events like Electric Daisy Carnival, so there are a few pieces of clothing or accessories to bring on your adventure. Here are the top five general essentials any one would need to pack before leaving to Las Vegas for this magical weekend as well as the top five fashion items that are easy to use, comfortable and will leave people impressed.

Top five General Essentials Every Electric Daisy Carnival attendee needs:

1. Small back pack/hip pack

This is an extremely important item since you will need to carry other things with you into the festival. You will definitely need a place to put your ID, money and credit/debit card. Remember that you cannot have a backpack that is plush or larger than 12 x 12, so something small is the best way to go. For example, a fanny pack or hip pack might be a better option because they have small pockets and are size friendly.

2. A camera, other than your phone

Even though your phone has a great camera on it, it is light to carry around and easy to share photos off of, what are you going to do if your storage becomes full or your phone dies? Something that takes pictures and video other than your phone is so important so that you can capture all the memories you are creating. There are also many beautiful art pieces and fun characters to take pictures with, so being able to do this if your phone is unavailable is a must. Otherwise, you may be very disappointed and will be asking yourself why you forgot to bring a camera. For whatever you bring, make sure you pack the charger!

3. Refillable water bottle or camelback

You will be dancing and drinking in the hot desert for three nights straight, and by hot, I mean 100 degrees or more, so staying hydrated is something that is key to having a good time. You do not want to be that person who forgets to drink water and ends up with some type of heat illness and is unable to attend the rest of the festival. There are water refill stations scattered everywhere at Electric Daisy Carnival, so you might as well take advantage of the Insomniac teams effort to keep everyone safe. Also, Insomniac sells super cute refillable water bottles to have as a keepsake.

4. Unopened chapstick, cigarettes, gum or etc.

No matter what Insomniac event you are attending, you are never allowed to bring opened items in. So make sure you stock up on whatever you will be needing inside of the festival. Personally, I make sure I buy three unopened chapsticks and three unopened packs of gum. Neither one of those items will go to waste because later on down the road you will be needing chapstick, and there will always be someone who truly needs a piece of gum at the festival. Ladies, always remember to pack a tampon or two just in case mother nature hits you while you are at the festival.

5. Cash money

Most vendors may not accept credit or debit cards and cash will be required to purchase food or drinks. The ATM's charge an arm and a leg to pull out cash, so try to pull it out at your bank before entering the festival. You never know what you may need while dancing and partying for almost 12 hours in the desert. Also, what if you need to take a taxi back to wherever you are staying when the night is over because you are not sober enough to drive yet? Cash will be needed in that situation as well. Whether at a music festival or not, carrying cash(even a small amount) at all times is a good general rule to follow.

Top five must have fashion items:

1. Comfortable shoes

We all want to look as best as we can, but heels are not the option that you want to choose when getting dressed for Electric Daisy Carnival because you will be walking a ton, and you will be on your feet almost the entire night. There is so much to explore all over the festival, it is possible that you will not even get to see everything it has to offer. Wearing comfortable shoes is an absolute must, you will be thankful that you did. Vans, Converse, Doctor Martins or any other boot can all look extremely cute with your outfit.

2. Anything with glitter

"It doesn't matter what you look like. I mean, if you gave a hunchback, just throw a little glitter on it, honey, go dancing!" -- James St. James, Party Monster

Glitter is one of the easiest accessories to use, it literally sticks to anything. You can throw it in your hair and it will sparkle all night. It can be sprayed or glued to your clothing, it can be used on your body and it comes in so many different forms that it can be used on anything you desire. Not only is it super fun and easy to use, it attracts attention and makes your look unstoppable, unique and fabulous. There is no doubt that you will get compliments all through out your festival weekend.

3. Flowers

I just do not see how you could not use flowers for at least one of the outfits you will be wearing at Electric Daisy Carnival. The word "daisy" is in the name of the festival. Flower's can be pinned in your hair, glued to your clothing to make a beautiful outfit or even made into a pretty crown. You will surely feel like a dancing fairy. They are the perfect thing to use for any music festival outfit.

4. Gems

Music festivals such as Electric Daisy Carnival is one of the biggest events of the year and it is so fun to go all out with outfits and make-up. Personally, I find gems really easy to put on and easy to keep on all night. The best part about them is all the different designs people do with them on their faces. They are also extremely pretty on peoples outfits. Gems are versatile and each person can do something unique with them.

5. Breathable fabrics

As I mentioned earlier, you will be in the hot desert where temperatures can exceed 100 degrees, so wearing something breathable is vital to staying cool and alive. Getting over heated can result in the end of your weekend because heat illness will cause you to go to the hospital. Many people design cute lingerie, as well as other items such as body suits without sleeves, crop tank tops and shorts. Try to stay away from anything with sleeves. Light cotton type of material is the best in hot environments.

Top five items that are not necessary but make the experience 10x more fun:

1. Totem

Totem's are not a necessity, but they are definitely helpful. Every totem is unique, and they are one of the best ways to spot your group if you have lost them. They are also great for striking up conversation and making new friends because people are always interested in why you made the totem you did.

2. Banners/Flags

A banner is another way for your friends to find you as well as another way to strike up conversation. They are also fun because it is easy for the performers to notice you and appreciate your support. Flags from your country are awesome because many people want to come up and get to know you and your culture. P.s. Banners are extremely fun to make, too!!

3. Light up flow toys

Anything with LED lights is an awesome thing to pack with you when getting ready to embark on your magical journey. You do not understand how much dancing with your favorite flow toy will make someone so joyful if they are not having the best time. People find the LED lights and the way people manipulate hula hoops, gloves or poi fascinating. Do not be afraid, and go ahead, make someone's night.

4. Kandi bracelets, necklaces, etc.

For electric dance music festivals specifically, Kandi, or beaded bracelets are one of the most fun things you can wear or bring to the festival. As long as "raving" or "dance culture" has been around, they have been apart of the culture. They represent the "PLUR" meaning behind the culture. Peace Love Unity Respect, you trade your Kandi with someone or give one of yours to someone who is not having the best time and it brightens their face with a smile, instantly.

5. Almost anything you can share with others to make their experience that much better.

Anything that you can possibly think of to share with the beautiful souls around you. They will truly appreciate it and it will make their time more memorable. Whoever you share with will mostly remember you forever.