EFL Goals Round-Up

EFL Goals Round-Up

EFL Goals Round-Up

9
EFL Goals Round-Up
EFL Goals Round-Up

EFL Goals Round-Up

Burnley suffered a shock loss to Sheffield United in a Championship match, falling to second in the table as they cruised to an emphatic 5-2 triumph. Vincent Kompany's side twice led but Sheffield United capitalised on their incapability to defend long throws and set pieces to secure all three points.

Within the first ten minutes, Dike converted a superb pass from Jed Wallace down the left side. Swift followed quickly behind with another clever cutback that gave him an open goal past Zack Steffen.

Burnley Sheff Utd 2-1

After trailing West Brom for 68 minutes, Burnley Sheff Utd showed no sign of a first home defeat this season as they came from behind to defeat the Baggies 2-1 at Turf Moor. Top scorer Nathan Tella equalised before injury-hit summer signing Scott Twine curled in a late winner for Burnley which maintained their five point lead at the top of the Championship.

Kompany's side had control of the game for much of it and felt aggrieved when multiple penalty appeals were disregarded by referee Jarred Gillett. However, Tella found an equalizer 15 minutes from time with West Brom introducing Socceroo Tom Rogic introducing himself. Taylor's powerful volley from distance was blocked by Alex Palmer before Twine curled in a stunning free-kick three minutes from time to hand Carlos Corberan his third defeat as West Brom manager.

The Clarets are now 1/500 favorites to win promotion from the Championship and boast an impressive 19 point advantage over third-placed Watford. Middlesbrough have fallen from being hot 1/500 favorites to second at 2/1 while Norwich City and Luton Town both sit at 1/12 odds.

Rotherham Utd 0-0

On Friday night, Burnley's long unbeaten streak came to a halt as Sheffield United easily dispatched them 5-2 at Bramall Lane. With the loss, Vincent Kompany's men missed an opportunity to move nine points clear at the top - although they have only lost twice in their past 12 league matches.

The Clarets were actually two goals behind thanks to Manuel Benson goals, but the Blades' comeback attack piled on four second half goals without needing replay as they increased their lead at the summit to seven points with their fifth win in six matches. Ollie McBurnie and Jack Robinson each got away with penalties in the first half before Anel Ahmedhodzic completed his hat-trick by heading in another.

In the end, it was the hosts who earned their point. Despite being unable to create many genuine chances throughout, Gelhardt was brought down in the box during injury time for a deserved goal that proved crucial for them.

Read More: يلا شوت لايف

Norwich Utd 1-0

United maintained their top four ambitions with a crucial win against Norwich. With the 1-0 triumph, Manchester United remain seven points behind Liverpool and Manchester City at the top of the table.

United had an early chance to take the lead in the first half. Cristiano Ronaldo hit a cross from the right with ease, but Tim Krul was in position to save it.

As the game progressed, the Canaries started to apply more pressure. McVeigh looked particularly dangerous but his shot was blocked by Gilchrist.

United threw everything they had in the second half and were inches away from taking advantage when Pukki slipped the ball into the net from a corner, but the referee waved away his appeals for a penalty.

United picked up the pace after their goal and looked dangerous going forward, yet never managed to break through Norwich's defense. On several occasions, David de Gea made some impressive stops while keeping United in contention.

Luton Utd 1-0

Luton Utd have made an impressive start to their season, defeating Stoke in the Carabao Cup before picking up three more points against Coventry City at Kenilworth Road. Tom Lockyer put Luton ahead before Matt Godden's penalty leveled things up.

Even so, Town were struggling to break down the home side. James Bree's free-kick was met by Adebayo's thunderous header which left Palmer no chance. Town had several chances at goal in the first half but none of them were converted.

With five minutes remaining, Luton were awarded a free-kick just outside the box and Pelly-Ruddock Mpanzu saw one attempt charged away before another drifted wide of target. But in the 87th minute, Alfie Doughty's deflected cross was met by Adebayo who headed home to give Robbie Fowler's side their second consecutive victory.

It has been an impressive start to the season, especially as they are now fully in the play-off hunt with eight points remaining. A victory against Boro would allow them to leapfrog Burnley and into the top six.

Source: اهم مباريات اليوم