Effective Ways to Deal With Anger

Effective Ways to Deal With Anger

Some techniques I've used to calm down in moments of anger.

4
Effective Ways to Deal With Anger

In moments of anger and passion, it can be hard to control ones emotions. Here are some ways to lessen these strong emotions.

Breathe

Whenever you are feeling angry, one way to calm down is to just breathe. Think about the air entering your lungs and feel the refreshing air throughout your body. This is called mindful breathing, and is a technique that is very useful to calm down. Breathing allows your mind to rest and to calm down, and also lowers your heart rate.

Meditation

If you can, when you are angry find a solitary space and meditate for a while. Meditating and taking a moment to clear your mind can allow you to think reasonably. Saying things in anger is not always a good idea, and can lead to terrible results. Clearing your mind and analyzing the situation can be helpful to making decisions.

Take up a hobby

A good way to control anger if you have constant anger problems is to take up a hobby to channel that anger into. I took up music in order to channel my anger into something useful, and I have been doing so ever since. Something like a sport is also useful, as you are channeling that anger into physical energy and being healthy while doing so,

Listen to happy music

When I am angry, something that has helped me is listening to happy music. Even though it might not fit your mood, it can change your mood to be more calm and happy. More often than not, I find that my mood usually adapts to the music I am listening to.

These four tips have allowed me to control my anger throughout the years and are effective ways to control ones emotions in the heat of the moment.