Education is the Key to Support Widespread Adoption of Blockchain Technology
News

Blockchain is considered to be a young technology and naturally has its teething challenges

12

Given all the complexity of the Blockchain technology it is only natural that the teething troubles are perhaps elevated and needs more pampering in the form of technical expertise to overcome these teething problems. Most of the initial issues that potential use case encounters have been successfully resolved and a sea of applications are already extracting huge benefits from this technology.

Many full stack Blockchain developers across the globe have tasted success with implementing small as well as large projects for a wide range of segments. Transitioning from the early days of the 'nay' Sayers, Blockchain technology has emerged out of the shell and has been riding an impressive wave of adoption in multiple sectors including governance in many nations.

Take for instance land registry in any jurisdiction. Land records need to be maintained eternally because that is perhaps the only way you can establish that your great grandfather once owned a particular property and that it has transitioned to the present owner without going through the due process. When a federal government launches a program to digitise land records (as is happening in many nations presently) there are millions of records to be digitised. Accuracy of every record digitised is of paramount importance for the present as well as posterity. Therefore, every checkpoint needs to be competent to ensure that the manually maintained records transition to the Blockchain in a manner similar to a photocopy.

Transparency Beyond Accuracy

While accuracy of records is indispensable, transparency is a key factor for citizens who need to access these records for varying reasons. Alongside transparency, managing digitised records to comply with copyright issues also gains significant relevance. Some ambitious businesses are already working on appropriate software support to ensure this. These efforts are not confined to land records but spreads to nearly all other domains where copyright is critical.

RalphKalsi.Com is an established Melbourne based business that has risen to leadership position in a short space of time. You can confidently speak to them for competent advice and services in the Blockchain space.

Engaging With The Ecosystem

When an entire industry is sought to be transformed, every stakeholder needs to be motivated and encouraged to engage with the evolving ecosystem, pushing behind what they have been used to. The ability to set aside old practices and adopt the new practices should come from within. This is important since seeds of resistance will be experienced in any system irrespective of nationality, language, colour, or other affinities. Agencies executing the transition should be empowered by the respective governments to take such resistance head on and weed out individuals who cannot rise up to the need of the hour. In the absence of such empowerment, potentially the resistance will transition to a defensive posture making it even more challenging for the industry to move on.

In every instance where technology impacts manual work in a significant way, disruption is only a disruption caused. But, when the consumer is brought into focus, the disruption is to enhance and improve the consumer experience and step up levels of efficiency for everyone who is positioned between the consumer and the system.

Experts Differentiate Between Evangelism and Education

Industry experts hold the view that while education focuses on ramping up the degree of information for those who are interested to explore new technologies, evangelism tries to pitch an utopian solution as the cure all means of solving every problem for everyone. These experts opine further that, ahead of Blockchain going mainstream, education to drive facts to the stakeholders and make information available should take the centre stage. Series of events and sessions talking about multiple use cases in the works with an open mind to also lay bare the challenges in the path can potentially deliver splendid results. There is also a view expressed that presently the industry is not giving enough attention or importance to education.

Handling Education

Education in the context of Blockchain technology should be different too in a way that one should know where to begin and when he should step aside. Correct execution and due diligence are mandatory to facilitate achieving tangible goals. Hundreds of pilot projects and proof of concept are doing the rounds within the industry. But, there is a huge gap between enterprise-class and experimentation and the task of bridging this gap is only becoming more challenging.

Most challenges are not positioned mid-way and in fact appear at the very start. Every experiment or proof of concept should be charming enough for the industry segment to lap up or else it would eventually fall by the wayside. Proof of concept for instance should come loaded with a strategic imperative, why the initiative started, what is getting proven, the value it aims at demonstrating, and the problem it aims to solve or can solve. When the start is shaky, we can very well imagine the further progression of any such concept.

Are there Bottlenecks in Education?

With the sea of tools now available in the digital world, there should be little room to hide behind bottlenecks in education. Once the initiative to learn and ability to teach are explored and established, rolling out education should be significantly easier. The first part of the exercise undoubtedly has its inherent challenges. The old adage 'no pain no gain' come to mind at this stage. Therefore, every stakeholder ought to be involved and engaged in imparting education highlighting how it can benefit the individual as well as the industry. The juice in the proposition must be clear and visible to everyone. If this singular aspect can be addressed effectively, the road ahead should be smooth and devoid of the bumps.