14 Ed Sheeran Lyrics To Get You Through Final Exams
Music

14 Ed Sheeran Lyrics To Get You Through Finals Season

I'm a mess right now, inside out.

539
ed sheeran drunk music video

Ed Sheeran's voice can get anyone through hard times, and no college student needs some stress relief more than during finals season. Here are all the lyrics that college kids can relate to during finals. And for anyone needing a break from studying, Ed Sheeran is always there to calm your nerves.

"Maybe I waited too long, maybe I played my cards wrong, oh just a little bit wrong" — "Dive"

Most of us have probably waited too long to start studying for finals, but hopefully our cramming will pay off in the end!

"Oh I'm a mess right now, inside out, searching for a sweet surrender but this is not the end" — "I'm A Mess"

I'm sure all college students can relate to feeling like a mess (and probably looking like a mess for 8 a.m. finals), ready for exams to be over only to have to take another the next day.

"It's late in the evening, glass on the side, I've been sat with you for most of the night, ignoring everybody here" — "Sing"

For when you're up late studying with your friends with papers and notes strewn all around, cup of coffee always present, ignoring everyone so you can try to focus on studying.

"See, I'm real, I do it all, it's all me, I'm not fake, don't ever call me lazy, I won't stay put, give me the chance to be free" — "You Need Me, I Don't Need You"

For all the hard work we put in for finals, no one can discredit our long hours of studying. And we really just want to be free from all the stress.

"And it's dark in a cold December, but I've got you to keep me warm, if you're broken I will mend you and keep you sheltered from the storm that's raging on" — "Lego House"

This describes the love we have for our laptops, and we definitely would not be prepared for finals without them so we need to keep them close, charged, and safe at all times.

"If the city never sleeps then that makes two" — "The City"

Pretty self-explanatory, we all lose some sleep during finals season. Running on caffeine and nerves.

"What didn't kill me, it never made me stronger at all" — "Drunk"

OK, finals and the preparation for them probably does make us stronger, but at the time, we have no kind words for them.

"My mind is a warrior, my heart is a foreigner, my eyes are the colour of red like a sunset" — "Grade 8"

For when your mind feels strong, but the sleepless nights are showing on your face, and you're feeling more discouraged than hopeful.

"When it gets hard, you know it can get hard sometimes, it is the only thing that makes us feel alive" — "Photograph"

This can refer to coffee for most, but really it's whatever helps you feel alive during finals season when you need a break away from all the studying.

"I don't love you baby, I don't need you baby, I don't want you, no, anymore" — "The Man"

No one loves, needs, or wants finals. Ever.

​ "Thought you knew but you didn't, so perk your ears up and listen" — "Take It Back"

For those last minute review sessions when you have more questions than answers and are just trying to do your best to remember everything.

"Things were all good yesterday, and then the devil took your memory" — "Afire Love"

When you show up to the final feeling prepared from all your studying, only to get there and blank on the first question.

​ "I know I've grown, but I can't wait to go home" — "Castle On The Hill"

Us college students have all grown in the months we've been away, but we sure can't wait to get finals over with and go home for break.

"You know the future's in the hands of you and me, so let's all get together, we can all be free, spread love and understanding, positivity" — "What Do I Know?"

No matter what happens before/during/after finals season, everything will be okay. Make sure to be nice to those around you and spread positivity at a time when everyone is stressed out!