How It's Easy To Lose Sight

How It's Easy To Lose Sight

But it's important to stay focused.

91
How It's Easy To Lose Sight

It's easy to lose sight.

To lose sight of our goals.

To lose sight of our reasoning.

To lose sight of our purpose.

To lose sight of our dreams.

It's easy to lose sight. It's facile to forget while we're fighting. It's simple to grow tired and weary. It's effortless to give up. It's easy to lose sight.

Recently, I've felt like I've lost sight. I've been caught up in the meetings and schedules, completing an assignment simply because of the deadline and not realizing what I could have gotten out of it that would be beneficial to my career. I have stuck to my demanding schedule, shuffling between this and that with little enthusiasm and even less fight to be the best version of myself possible.

It's so easy to fall down the slippery slope of forgetting our drive, giving minimal effort, losing our enthusiasm.

We live in a time where it's easy to see everyone else's accomplishments on social platforms and often it makes us feel like we aren't doing enough. I know for me personally, seeing so many people reaching their goals often makes me think I have not done good enough. It makes it easy to get down in the dumps and lose focus on what is important.

And it's normal and it's okay to have these feelings.

But what is more important is what we do with these feelings. It's harder to pick yourself back up. But it's worth it.

In order to do so, it's vital to prioritize. Do the things you love and do the things you have to.

If you love to read, read a chapter of your favorite book every day in between doing that Interpretative Theory assignment you're dreading. If you love the season of fall, go for a walk while planning an outline of your next essay's argument. Surround yourself with good friends who will uplift and motivate you. Write inspirational messages on your mirror so you can see them every morning. Make to-do lists (that are manageable) and complete them each day- it'll make you feel very successful. Crank your favorite song while you study for your next exam. The possibilities are endless.

It's not easy to pick yourself back up when you've lost sight and lost track of who you are or where you're going. But I promise you it is worth it. It is so worth it.

Keep pushing, keep grinding, keep working. Smile through the pain and study those extra five minutes and do that extra credit assignment and work out even when you don't feel like it. You'll thank yourself later. Be happy for another day, be thankful for the little joys, and don't take a moment for granted.