Easy Gifts To Help You Survive This Holiday On A Budget

It's that time of the year where the snow is falling and so is the amount in our bank accounts.
2

Christmas is right around the corner which means the snow is falling and so is the amount in our bank account. It seems like around every corner there is another Secret Santa, friend, family, or significant other to buy for. It can be hard to give everyone what you think they deserve, but there are some tricks to make every gift seem like a little more. I know it’s always the thought that counts, but when it’s the people that are closest to you, you want to give them the world. Here are some little tips and tricks to make every gift feel big and special for all the important people in your life. Make the best of this holiday on a budget!

1. Make a movie basket. What I mean by this is go out and buy a three dollar movie, buy a pack of popcorn, some candy, and soda. Stick it all in a basket. Give someone a “movie night in” without breaking the bank. It’s a fun little gift that anyone would love!
  2. Make someone a relaxing night in. Go to target and go into the discount bin and the sale sections and look for everything you need for a relaxing night! Bath bombs, tea, a blank, a coffee mug, bubble bath, fuzzy socks anything! Give someone all the things they need to want to stay in and just enjoy themselves!
  3. Hot chocolate in a jar. One way to make a bunch of gifts that are down right simple and inexpensive would be to buy a pack of mason jars. Fill it up with hot chocolate mix, and marshmallows! There are so many different ways to make these, Pinterest has a bunch! Check them out!
  4. Pedicure in a jar! Fill a mason jar with colored nail polish, clear coat, cheap toe separators, nail files, and other cute little things you can find! The perfect gift to give out during a Secret Santa! Who doesn’t love more nail polish?! All of these things you can find in your local dollar store!
  5. Now if you want to be really crafty make your own gifts! Make a sugar scrub! Make it in bulk and put it into little jars! It’s a gift that anyone will love.
  6. If you’re really on a craft kick, even try to make your own candles! Make a bunch, you could even make them with essential oils! Attach little tags to it and explain what each essential oil is meant to do!
  7. If you want to get really festive, but a cute little Christmas oven mitt! Inside of the oven mitt put in a cake mix, frosting, some sprinkles, anything. It’s an awesome gift for anyone who loves to bake.
  8. Not only can you do hot chocolate in a jar, but cookies too! Once again, Pinterest has some really awesome ideas for these budget gifts!
I hope everyone has a happy holiday and that these ideas help anyone out who’s trying to survive this holiday season with limited cash!