A Procrastinator's Last Minute Gift Guide

How to procrastinate and still get an amazing gift.

15
WordPress / In Defense of Procrastination

The holidays. This one phrase can cause panic among the public because of one thing: gift giving. The holidays have a way of sneaking up on us without us even realizing it. We all want to give our loved ones the perfect gift, but sometimes the holidays get even the best of us. Here is a quick guide of what to do when the holidays sneak up on you or you are short on cash (aka, college students) and you still need to get those loved ones gifts.

Buy the person a gift that involves doing something. There are always different events going on, and if you know your person well enough, concert tickets, tickets to a professional sports game or even tickets to see a play or musical are all fantastic gifts for that loved one. This provides them with a memorable experience. So ditch the gift card to Target and buy those tickets! (Check out GroupOn for special deals.)

Fuzzy socks are a great gift for young adult females. With boots and moccasins now in fashion, every girl is obsessing over long fuzzy socks to wear! Another great thing about these socks is that they are cheap, and they are available everywhere; they can be found at Target, Walmart and any mall!

Monthly subscriptions. These boxes are fantastic because it is the gift that keeps on giving. It is a different gift each month, and some of them can even be personalized. You can find a multitude of different boxes, including monthly sock boxes or funny ties! They can be personalized for women, men and kids!

A make-it-yourself candy basket. This is a great gift for any young adult, especially college students! Every kid loves candy, and this is a easy and thoughtful gift. Everyone enjoys candy especially around the holidays because it makes for a wonderful treat.

A stocking with stocking stuffers. For this holiday season, skip the usual gift and buy the person a stocking and fill it with little gifts. Whether it be candy, makeup or other funny little trinkets, anything can be put in there!

Cute mugs with hot chocolate sets. These are a great winter gift. It is especially great for those who cannot or do not drink coffee because now they have a warm and delicious to sip by the fire. This also comes in handy whilst watching Christmas movies in the evening with the family.

Gift cards! If you cannot find anything else in the entire world to get someone, you can always go with the last resort: gift cards. To make them more personalized, you can get someone a gift card to their favorite store or to a place that you know they need something from. For example, you could always get a female family member a gift card to Forever 21 or a male family member a gift card to Nike.

Any of these gift ideas are a surefire way to make that special person's Christmas the best Christmas. If you are late on getting a gift, you can still manage to give a great gift!