Eaves Dropping Bosses!

Eaves Dropping Bosses!

When will all of the questions end?
11

Rebecca's Point of View:

The past month dating Liam has been some of the best weeks of my life. He's very caring, generous, and will do anything for me. Whenever we're around he acts like I'm the only girl in the world. Liam doesn't get jealous when I'm around other guys, unlike someone I work with. He knows I am loyal and will always stays faithful.

Right after I get done helping a customer, Clair comes up to me and starts talking to me like we're friends. "How are you doing to today, Rebecca?"

"Great, how about you?"

"So I noticed you've been hanging around that customer of yours lately. Is there anything going on between you two?"

"Yes, we have been dating for about a month. Why?"

"I thought you and Mr. Brooks were a thing?"

"Absolutely Not! He's a nice guy, don't get me wrong, but he's my boss."

"Good, because if you two were an item, that would be very unprofessional." As Clair said that, I thought why would that matter, even if I did like him? But I don't like him, I really don't. I just smile at her. After she said that, I was thinking do you have a thing for Mr. Brooks?

"Do you like Mr. Brooks?"

"No! That would be unprofessional, he's not my type anyway," as Clair lies. I think she does have a thing for him, because she seems like she's lying by the way she's asking all of these questions about him, not that I care if she likes him. Then, she walks away with asking me questions about Mr. Brooks and I. It always seems like she's only nice to me when she wants something.

Out of the corner of my eye, I notice Mr. Brooks walking in my direction. I really hope he didn't hear our conversation about Liam, because I don't want him to know about Liam yet and get hurt because of that.

Mr. Brooks Point of View:

"Hi Rebecca, how are you doing today?"

"Great! How are you?"

"Ok." I didn't want to tell her that I ease dropped on her conversation with Clair. But I overheard the whole conversation about Liam, and how she still doesn't like me. I can't really tell her that I ease dropped, that would be weird. "At the grocery store, a while ago, what did that Liam guy ask you?"

"Well he asked me out on a date. We've been dating for about a month now." I was hoping it wasn't true. Why is she dating him? What does he have that I don't? I guess there's not a chance for us to be together.

"Oh, uh, that's great. I'm happy for you."

"Are you sure? You don't seem happy."

"Yea, you deserve to be happy." Before I walk away, I tell her, "But I don't deserve to have someone as amazing as you."

Clair's Point of View:

I try to listen in on their conversation as best as I could through my office door. Even though she says she doesn't like him, I know he has feelings for her, and that's a problem. What does she have that I don't have? What does Mr. Brooks see in her, that he won't give up on her, even though she's dating someone? I have to come up with a plan to get rid of Rebecca, so Mr. Brooks will have no choice but to give up on her, and he'll come crawling back to me. Now I need to make a few phone calls, because I have the perfect idea to get rid of Rebecca once and for all!