Early Predictions For The NBA's MVP

Early Predictions For The NBA's MVP

Who is going to win the MVP award this season?

62
Early Predictions For The NBA's MVP
Instagram

This year's NBA season has already given us a lot of thrills. The Boston Celtics went on a 16 game winning streak. The Cleveland Cavaliers started out terrible, but have become the powerhouse team we knew they would be. The Houston Rockets, Philadelphia 76ers and the Milwaukee Bucks are surprising the league with their performances. But, this article is about players who have had MVP worthy seasons so far in the early stages.

LeBron James is my first pick to win the MVP this season. This is because LeBron has played the second most minutes so far this season with 37.3 mpg. He is third in scoring with 28.3 ppg. He is third in assist per game with 8.7. And LeBron also has a .417 three point percentage. James is 32 years old and has been in the league for 15 seasons. These numbers are placing him up there with some of the greats in terms of productivity. For anyone who has watched him play this season. You are able to tell that this is a different LeBron James. He has the weight of the team on his shoulders with Kyrie Irving being traded away. He is proving that a veteran in the game can still be on top of the league. If he continues to play this way, there is no doubt he could win his fifth regular season MVP award.

My second pick for MVP is Kyrie Irving of the Boston Celtics. I would rattle off his numbers for you, but the one number that we should be concerned about is the fact that his team has the best record in the Eastern Conference right now. I placed Irving as my second pick also because he lost a key contributor this season in Gordon Hayward. He is 11th in scoring, but he is Mr. Clutch for the Celtics. He has become the head of the team and this is exactly what he wanted. Leading this team to a 16 game winning streak was nothing but unbelievable. He is a definitive pick to win the MVP if he could continue this pace of play.

James Harden of the Houston Rockets is my third pick. Harden is averaging 32.3 ppg, which is first in the NBA. And he is also second in the league with assists per game with 9.2. He is having an excellent season and many think he is the favorite to win the MVP. I do not think he is because Irving and James have had to do the most work to help their respective teams this season. Whenever I evaluate who should win a particular award like the MVP award. I like to see how much of an impact this individual had on their team. Some may say that James has a great supporting cast, so why is he your first pick? It is true that James has a great bunch of guys to back him up, but they haven't played well enough to give the 32 year old veteran a break. He is having to go into overdrive to help his team win. I do not see that with Harden's Rockets. The duo of Chris Paul and Harden have worked well and he also has a bench that he can depend on.

I do not think that Harden's scoring and assist numbers have contributed to his team as much as James has. If we were to just look at it statistically then Harden has my vote, but we are not looking at numbers alone. James has just been the best player in the league that has impacted his team the most this season. I honestly would not be upset if either of these three men were picked as regular season MVP. They all deserve a shot at this award. But, we have to look at the impact of these three men and decide who has helped their team the most?