7 Quotes From "Dumplin" That All Little Girls Should Hear

Real life doesn't include princes, princesses, and happy ever afters.

kallyn
kallyn
32

I grew up on Disney; I idolized the classic princesses and their seemingly perfect lives. I wanted to be just like them. As I matured, I realized that fitting into the molds made by Disney would not bring me happiness. Although exciting and magical, it is not realistic. Real life doesn't include princes, princesses, and, sometimes, happy-ever-afters. Here are some quotes from Netflix's "Dumplin" that little girls should be raised up on instead of messaged alike to Disney:

1. "It's hard being a diamond in a rhinestone world." 

No matter what situation you're put in, confidence is almost always the way out.

2. "The greatest friends have nothing and everything in common all at once." 

No matter where life takes you, it's always better with good friends by your side. Sometimes instead of the differences in personalities clashing, they complement one another.

3. "If you want the rainbow, you have to put up with the rain." 

Perspective is what will make or break a person. Sometimes you have to go through rough things in life to get to the good.

4. "Boys do not give girls sweet little things unless they're trying to get their attention." 

Contrary to every Disney movie ever, some boys do not have good intentions when they're getting your attention. Sometimes, although not all the time, your best interest is not at the top of their priorities. You have to be able to know when to walk away.

5. "I don't get why we call it a crush when it feels more like a curse."

The pain that is caused by the back and forth turmoil of having a crush can sometimes be stressful, overwhelming, and even seem hopeless.

6. "This is me. Back up or back the fuck out." 

We don't have time for unreliable people.

7.  "Find out who you are and do it on purpose." 

Your actions have to be intentional if you want your goals to be accomplished.