The Strangest Laws In Every State In America

Seriously, what took place to need laws like these?

153

There are so many things to laugh about. We have jokes, puns, bad pick-up lines, and simply tone of voice can be hilarious sometimes. However, the fact that lawmakers have taken the time to come up with these laws is perhaps even funnier than some of the laws themselves! Here are the dumbest laws from each state!

1. In Alabama, boogers may not be flicked into the wind.

2. In Alaska, owners of flamingos may not let their pet into barber shops.

3. In Arizona, a decree declares that anyone caught stealing soap must wash himself with it until it is all used up.

4. In Arkansas, a law provides that school teachers who bob their hair will not get a raise.

5. In California, persons classified as “ugly” may not walk down any street.

6. In Colorado, residents may not own chickens, but may own up to three turkeys.

7. In Connecticut, in order for a pickle to officially be considered a pickle, it must bounce.

8. In Delaware, it is illegal to wear pants that are “firm fitting” around the waist.

9. In Florida, it is illegal to sell your children.

10. In Georgia, no one may tease an idiot.

11. In Hawaii, coins are not allowed to be placed in one’s ears.

12. In Idaho, you may not fish on a camel’s back.

13. In Illinois, one may not pee in his neighbor’s mouth.

14. In Indiana, no one may throw an old computer across the street at their neighbor.

15. In Iowa, horses are forbidden to eat fire hydrants.

16. In Kansas, no one may sing the alphabet on the streets at night.

17. In Kentucky, one may not dye a duckling blue and offer it for sale unless more than six are for sale at once.

18. In Louisiana, all garbage must be cooked before it can be fed to any hogs.

19. In Maine, advertisements may not be placed in cemeteries.

20. In Maryland, it’s illegal to take a lion to the movies.

21. In Massachusetts, it is illegal for two men to carry a bathtub across the town green.

22. In Michigan, it is illegal to let your pig run free in Detroit unless it has a ring in its nose.

23. In Minnesota, a person may not cross state lines with a duck atop his head.

24. In Mississippi, it is unlawful to shave in the center of main street.

25. In Missouri, one may not honk another’s horn.

26. In Montana, it is illegal to have a sheep in the cab of your truck without a chaperone.

27. In Nebraska, it is illegal to fly a plane while drunk.

28. In Nevada, benches may not be placed in the middle of any street.

29. In New Hampshire, you may not tap your feet, nod your head, or in any way keep time to the music in a tavern, restaurant, or cafe.

30. In New Jersey, you may not slurp your soup.

31. In New Mexico, idiots may not vote.

32. In New York, the penalty for jumping off a building is death.

33. In North Carolina, it’s against the law to sing off key.

34. In North Dakota, it is illegal to lie down and fall asleep with your shoes on.

35. In Ohio, your duck may not paraded down Ohio Avenue.

36. In Oklahoma, fish may not be contained in fishbowls while on a public bus.

37. In Oregon, ice cream may not be eaten on Sundays.

38. In Pennsylvania, no one is allowed to sleep on a refrigerator.

39. In Rhode Island, no one may bite off another's leg.

40. In South Carolina, eating watermelons in the Magnolia Street cemetery is forbidden.

41. In South Dakota, it is illegal to lie down and fall asleep in a cheese factory.

42. In Tennessee, it is a crime to share your Netflix password.

43. In Texas, it's illegal to sell one's eye.

44. In Utah, It is illegal not to drink milk.

45. In Vermont, women must obtain written permission from their husbands to wear false teeth.

46. In Virginia, it is illegal to tickle women.

47. In Washington, no one may set fire to another person’s property without prior permission.

48. In West Virginia, whistling underwater is prohibited.

49. In Wisconsin, margarine may not be substituted for butter in restaurants unless it is requested by the customer.

50. In Wyoming, you may not take a picture of a rabbit from January to April without an official permit.