13 Drinks That Are Better Than Pumpkin Spice
Food Drink

13 Starbucks Drinks That Are Better Than Pumpkin Spice, For All Your Tea-Spilling Needs

Even water beats a PSL.

104

That time of year has come around again. The fated pumpkin spice lattes have made their appearance. As a barista at Starbucks, I can personally say that pumpkin spice lattes are probably one of the most favored drinks we serve. However, having made and tried them time and time again, I just can't seem to understand the huge hype behind it all. Here are 13 other drinks that I believe you can get that are actually worth your money.

For all the pumpkin spice lovers reading this article, you do you, boo, but I'm just not sure its worth it.

1. Toasted White Chocolate Mocha

Its a seasonal twist on the typical white mocha with a richer flavor, whipped cream, and seasonal toppings. This will definitely get you in the holiday spirits.

2. Caramel Apple Spice Latte

Steamed apple juice and milk, flavored with cinnamon dolce syrup, topped with whipped cream and caramel drizzle. It is almost as if someone wrestled fall and squeezed it into a cup.

3. Cinnamon Roll Frappuccino 

This is honestly one of the better drinks I have had from Starbucks, especially if you're a fan of tasty treats and iced drinks all mixed into one. Its essentially a cinnamon dolce, white chocolate, vanilla bean, and coffee frappuccino topped with whipped cream and it could not be more heavenly. It is creamy and smooth and perfect for a hot day or a guilty pleasure.

4. Passion Tea Lemonade 

Now, this is my addiction, hard to admit but even harder to deny. Through working at Starbucks I have become really good at making the perfect balance between the tea and lemonade (which I have sweetened because I'm from Texas and unsweet tea is an abomination, but you do you boo). It is fruity and lemony and a perfect balance between bitter and sweet.

5. Ultra Caramel Frappuccino

Ok, this drink is not for the faint of heart and is designed for coffee cravers with a sweet-tooth. It is just a caramel frapp but the cup is covered in caramel drizzle and the bottom is filled with cold-brew whipped cream. Let me say this again, it has coffee whip cream and not only on the top but also throughout the drink.

6. Peppermint Mocha

MInty and chocolaty goodness? Yes, please!!! A perfect mixed balance between a creamy mocha drink and crisp peppermint is always a good choice.

7. Chai Tea Latte

It is spiced cinnamony wonderland that warms the heart and honestly brings thought of Christmas all year long. Which, let's be honest, Christmas time is amazing and I would love for it to be as present as possible in all times of the year.

8. Cordusio

This drink is basically a mocha on steroids. Its made with extra mocha, extra espresso, and whole milk versus 2%. A tasty, creamy, and highly caffeinate treat for those late night study sessions.

9. Pink Drink

The pink drink is a popular drink right now that is all the rage and perfectly Instagram worthy. It is just a typical strawberry acai refresher with strawberry slices but with a twist. Instead of being made with water it is made with coconut milk which gives it a cool pink color, thus its name, the pink drink.

10. Salted Caramel Mocha

Wonderful variety from your typical mocha by adding toffee nut syrup and topping it with caramel drizzle and sea salt crystals.

11. Strawberry & Cream Matcha Frappuccino

Strawberry and cream frappuccinos are a perfect mix between creamy vanilla bean and strawberry. However, if you healthy people out there want both tasty goodness and some more to make you feel better about yourself, just add matcha. It is actually very tasty, trust me, as a person who cannot possibly claim to be healthy.

12. Upside Down Caramel Macchiato 

Although this is actually just a vanilla latte with caramel drizzle (and I will fight you on this one) and shouldn't be considered an entirely separate drink, it is actually pretty good. I would strongly suggest that you just pay less and buy a vanilla latte with caramel drizzle rather than order a caramel macchiato upside down.

13. Water

OK, if you have not picked on this concept so far, basically anything is better than pumpkin spice. There are very few exceptions to this and you're better off picking something else altogether.