Keep Dreaming

Keep Dreaming

Dreams can come in all kinds of shapes and sizes.

83
Keep Dreaming
Pixels Info

Robert Fitzgerald Kennedy once said, “I dream of things that never were and say, ‘Why not?’”

Missed opportunities can have the power to crush us. They’re even worse if we didn’t know there was an opportunity until it’s gone. I know I’ve felt this before, and I’m willing to bet you have, too. But what about those opportunities we dream of but maybe don’t think are feasible? We all have dreams—of jobs, life goals, things we want to do. But just because you have a dream that might sound far fetched, doesn’t mean it’s not possible—especially if that’s your favorite dream.

Let me tell you about my favorite dream. My favorite dream is the one I think of constantly, but question its realism. This is the dream in which not only am I able to finish the book I’m writing, but also that a publisher likes and wants to release it. Every time I write, read a book, or walk into a bookstore, I dream of seeing my work, the project I worked so hard on, in bookstores nationwide. I dream of seeing my name on shelves alongside many others who have great works on the shelves of bookstores. I dream of someone reading my work and being inspired to do what they’ve always wanted to do.

Dreams can come in all kinds of shapes and sizes. My favorite dream isn’t one I dream of in my sleep, but it’s the daydream I have whenever I read or am around books. Maybe your favorite dream is one you dream of a lot while you sleep. Or maybe it's a dream you’ve only had once, but it really stuck with you and you feel the need to do something about it. Maybe it’s a simple but inspiring dream. Either way, even if it’s not something you've ever thought of doing before, don’t blow it off, especially if it’s something you find yourself constantly thinking about. It might be that this dream that you can’t get out of your mind is actually an opportunity presenting itself. And no, maybe it’s not what you’ve been planning for years—but what if it leads to a better life? What if it’s actually what you were born to do?

In my case, I’m not saying I was born to be a published author, but the fact that I have my story idea and am in the middle of writing about it, combined with the fact that I dream of seeing my story on bookstores’ shelves makes me think that this is an opportunity I don’t want to pass up. The worst that could happen is no publisher picks it up and I do something in the field my degree will be in. But by the same token, the best that could happen is that I become a successful published author and that ends up being what I do with my life. Either way, I would be satisfied.

So, here’s to those of you who have a dream but are maybe too scared to pursue it. And here’s to those of you that are courageous enough to go headstrong after your dreams. And also, here’s to those of you who are still trying to figure out what your dreams are. Keep dreaming. Keep going. Don't let an opportunity pass you by. Most importantly, don't let life pass you by.