5 People I Would Invite To My Dream Dinner Party

I recently picked Rebecca Serle's book, "The Dinner List." I have wanted to read this book for a while, and when a few moments of free time arose, I was quick to dive into the story of a woman who ends up at a dinner party in her honor with all the people (dead and alive) on a list she created years ago in attendance.

This is one of the better-thought-through novels I have read in a while, but I kept getting distracted by who I would invite to my dinner party. There are a few obvious choices, but other spots were tricky to fill. Even so, a list was created, and I would be thrilled to have any of these names over for dinner.

1. Jane Austen

upload.wikimedia.org

I absolutely cannot have a perfect dinner party without one of my favorite authors in the world! Jane (Don't worry. We're close enough to use our first names.) would add so much to the conversation, handing out advice on anything from writing to politics to books to - well, really anything. I, of course, would spend half the dinner grilling her on who Mr. Knightley was really based off of. After that, though, the conversation topics would be limitless.

2. The Margarita Guy from "Jurassic World"

Most remember a brief few seconds when the dinosaurs escaped from a dinosaur-themed amusement park (again...) and one man felt his margs were a bit too precious to leave behind while running for his life. Knowing how amusement park prices typically are, I can't say I blame him, but I do feel his priorities were slightly off-balance. At my dinner, I would have so many questions. Who was the other drink for? Why is everyone around him in blue, but he's wearing orange? How is his life going as a meme celebrity? I have a thousand more questions, but that's for another dinner.

3. My dog, Chewie

Natalie Austin

I know he is not a person, but I think we can make an exception. My dog is a real sweetheart. He's just not a fan of anyone outside of my family. I honestly want to see how he will react to a group of people he has never met. He will likely give his notorious awkward glare as the rest of us exchange stories and ideas. He may even trip over his own lopsided feet a few times as the meal progresses. He's good at doing that. Maybe Jane Austen will have a way to get him to like her. On the other hand, he may bite her. I really don't want to be the girl whose dog bit Jane Austen, but it is a risk I am willing to take.

4. Kelly Kapoor

As my favorite character from "The Office," I feel this one is a no-brainer. Not only would Kelly fill in the awkward silences, but she would bring the brutal honesty to the table that we all need. She would ask Jane Austen for the gritty details of "Pride and Prejudice" the rest of us are too scared to ask, and the second my dog growls at her, she would growl back and continue her story.

5. Jimmy Fallon

At a party where I would be somewhat burdened with the task of being a perfect hostess, Jimmy Fallon would take the pressure completely off my shoulders. He would show up before the party started, and scream "Woah! You're here! You made it! You're the best! I am so glad you're here!" each time a new guest sat down at the table. He would ease the awkward tension created by my aggressive dog and the brutally honest Kelly Kapoor, along with laughing at the jokes no one else finds funny.