Sincerely, The Girl Who Dreams Of Having The Corner Office And A Family

Last time I checked, I'm capable of simultaneously running the world and a household.

117

This story requires us to fast forward 15 years in the future and to use our imagination a little.

The year is 2034 and I wake up every morning beside my loving husband in our beautiful house in the suburbs just in time to make breakfast together for our children before they sleepily come down the steps into the kitchen. I clean my kitchen and make sure all of the morning chore's are completed before we get our children ready for school. I kiss my husband goodbye as he leaves for his job in the city and I get the kids into the car to take them to school. After dropping them off at school, I head off to work at my high powered job.

I arrive at work prepared for a day full of meetings with people who don't have any time to waste and know much more than I ever will know. I 'm introduced to people who have titles much higher than mine and people who may never be bothered enough to remember my mine. I have a packed schedule but I'm doing what I love most and what I always dreamed of doing with my life. I will smile as I look out of my corner office knowing I have worked my a** off to get where I am and that I deserve everything that I have earned in life.

The clock reads 5:00 pm and I say goodbye to everyone in the office as I hurry to my car because my day is far from over. I have a PTA meeting to run at 5:30 pm and then one of my kids has a soccer game at 6:30 pm. After that, we go get ice cream to spoil our dinner and celebrate, win or lose and then finally head home where I cook dinner for my family. I will finally be able to rest after my husband and I put the kids to bed, but I will be smiling because I know that I have worked my a** off to have my family which I'm so proud of.

Now back to the future, where I find myself being told that it's almost impossible to be able to have the best of both worlds. I'm told that I have to pick one or the other, or if I don't then I have to expect to not be very involved in my future children's lives. Or I'm told that I won't be able to be at the top of my field.

My dream is to be at the top of my career and to have the typical 9-5 filled with meetings and the occasional days where I have to stay late at the office. I also want to live the typical soccer mom life where I'm President of the PTA and at every single soccer game and recital for my future kids. I know that these two dreams don't mix well because of the time that both require in order to be successful at both, but I'm not one to back down from a challenge.

I and other women that have similar aspirations are capable of doing both if we choose so we shouldn't constantly be told that we can't. We know we can have the best of both worlds one day and we can't wait. See ya in 15 years when I'm President of the PTA and at the top of my field.

Love,

The Girl Who Dreams of Having The Corner Office and a Family