Asthma Causes, Symptoms and Treatment Options:Dr. Naval Parikh

asthma symptoms, causes and treatment options available by Dr. Naval Parikh.

27

Asthma is a chronic lung disease that causes the airways to narrow, which can prevent asthma sufferers from taking in enough oxygen. It’s important for asthma sufferers and their loved ones to learn about asthma.

In this article, we will discuss what asthma is as well as asthma symptoms, causes and treatment options available by Dr. Naval Parikh.

What is Asthma?

Asthma is a chronic disease that can affect your airways. When asthma affects the lungs, it makes breathing difficult. This is because asthma can cause swelling, mucous production and narrowing of the airways.

Types of Asthma

The asthma types include:

1. Allergic Asthma

Allergic asthma is asthma triggered by a specific allergen.

Allergic asthma triggers the immune system to release chemicals that can cause inflammation in your airways and lungs, leading to asthma symptoms.

Common allergens include:

1.Pets such as dogs or cats

2.House dust mites

3.Cockroach droppings

4.Pollen from plants such as grass, ragweed or trees

5.Mold spores in your home or workplace.

2. Non-Allergic Asthma

Non-allergic asthma is not triggered by an allergen. However, the exact cause of non-allergic asthma is unknown. It can be caused due to other reasons such as:

1.Exercise or physical activity

2.Cold air

3.Viral infections

3. Exercise-Induced Asthma

Exercise-induced asthma is asthma triggered by exercise. It occurs when the airways narrow during physical activity, making it difficult to breathe normally.

4. Occupational asthma

Occupational asthma is asthma triggered by working in a specific profession. It occurs when the lungs are exposed to substances that can cause asthma.

Some of its main causes are:

Chemicals found in certain workplaces such as:

1.Solvents and thinners (paint, varnish and glue)

2.Rubber or plastic dust

3.Fumes from metals like chromium.

5. Seasonal asthma

Seasonal asthma is asthma triggered by the allergens found in certain seasons. It usually occurs during pollen season and can affect people who suffer from allergies such as hay fever (seasonal allergic rhinitis).

Causes of asthma

1.Allergy

2.Viral infection

3.Family history of asthma or allergies

4.Smoking

How to Identify Asthma?

If a person is suffering from asthma then they will experience shortness of breath and wheezing due to constricted airways. In some cases, asthma can make it difficult for the individual to catch their breath or speak properly because the asthma attacks are sudden and can happen often.

Asthma Symptoms

There are different asthma symptoms that you might experience. These include:

1.Shortness of breath

2.Wheezing or whistling sound when exhaling

3.Coughing, especially at night or early morning which can be dry and persistent

4.Wheezing

5.Tightness in the chest after exercising

Treatment Option of Asthma By Dr. Naval Parikh

Asthma treatment varies based on asthma type. The asthma treatments include:

1.Allergy shots

2.Asthma medications such as inhalers, nebulizers and pills

3.Breathing exercises or breathing therapy to help you learn how to use your diaphragm correctly.

Asthma treatment by Dr. Naval Parikh can be done at home or in a hospital, depending on asthma severity and the type of asthma the patient has.

Home asthma treatments include:

1.Avoiding asthma triggers such as pets, dust mites and pollen.

2.Taking prescribed medications to control asthma symptoms.

3.Doing asthma exercises to open up the airways.

4.Using a peak flow meter or asthma action plan.

Medical treatment of asthma by Dr. Naval Parikh include:

Asthma medications help prevent asthma symptoms from occurring, and can also quickly relieve asthma symptoms when they do occur. In some cases, inhaled steroid medications may be used to control asthma symptoms.

In severe asthma cases, Dr. Naval Parikh might prescribe oral steroid medications and bronchodilators which help open the airways in patients with asthma and other conditions of airflow obstruction such as chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD).

Asthma treatment by Dr. Naval Parikh may be done in a hospital if asthma symptoms are severe. In such cases, Dr. Naval Parikh may prescribe full-strength asthma medications to quickly open the airways and reduce asthma severity.

In some cases, short courses of oral steroid medication or intravenous steroids might also be used along with other treatments for asthma exacerbations (flare-ups).

Why You Should Choose Dr. Naval Parikh, Board Certified Internist?

Dr. Naval Parikh is a board-certified internist in the Boca Raton/Deerfield Beach area with over 10 years of medical experience.

Dr. Naval Parikh has helped asthma patients to manage asthma symptoms and lead an asthma-free life using his expert knowledge on asthma medication and asthma treatments.

He is experienced in asthma treatment and asthma management, helping his patients to control asthma symptoms using asthma medications prescribed by him.

His expertise lies in treating difficult cases of asthma with medication that is not easily available at other medical facilities.

For more information, please contact:

Naval Parikh Clinic:

Address: 1 West Sample Road, Suite 201. Deerfield Beach, Florida. 33064.

Phone : (954) 782–3170

Website :