The DOs And DONTs In Every Relationship

The DOs And DONTs In Every Relationship

Things You Can Do to Maintain a Healthy Relationship

72
The DOs And DONTs In Every Relationship
Pintrest

Every relationship is different and unique. That's what makes the ones we have special to us, but keeping a relationship strong and healthy is another ball game. You're with that person for a specific reason, that reason being you care about them and cherish them as a person. Otherwise you wouldn't put all the time and effort into something you thought was temporary. While every relationship has it's ups, there is going to be a time where it hits a few obstacles to overcome. It's all about how you handle those situations and how the both of you get through it as a couple. Having a healthy relationship should not require an excessive amount of work. There are three key ways to help maintain an easy, fun and respectful relationship.

1) Don't Be Controlling

The biggest failure to most relationships is when one partner tries to control their significant other. Whether it's telling them what to do or who they can hang out with, this is the NO in any relationship. The person you are with is not your puppet and although they might be sharing a life with you, they have their own as well. To not give them the freedom that they rightfully have will do nothing more than push them away. Sometimes individuals become this way because they are in fear that their partner might cheat or hurt the relationship in someway. Unfortunately people make their own decisions and trying to control a situation or outcome will not prevent the result.

Let your partner have freedom. Give them the space that they need to hang with friends, family or to have alone time. This is essential in a relationship because it allows for the both of you to do your own thing and build trust in the relationship. When your girlfriend or boyfriend sees that you can trust them doing their own thing, they will feel happy to know that they can go off and do their own thing without having someone breathing down their neck. No one likes to have a leash around their neck. Just remember they are a human being, not your animal.

2) Other Females & Males

We all know that one guy or girl who has tried to hit on our partner and the ones who have made it blankly obvious to us. To anyone that's been in a relationship understands this scenario fairly well and we can't help but to feel jealous and anger in our hearts. We begin to want to isolate our boyfriend or girlfriend from others just so that this incident doesn't occur again. However, there will ALWAYS be someone trying to steal your man's or woman's attention, but it's how you handle the situation together that speaks volumes.

Never give in to another guy or woman who's flaunting themselves at your partner. Even if they try texting, calling or flirting...the best way to rise above is to keep silent. Don't let them know that you're jealous, because what's important is communicating with your significant other rather than telling that person off. Start by opening up and expressing your feelings of how this person makes you feel uncomfortable when they are around you and how you can sense they are up to no go. Once you lay your feelings on the table it's now your partner's job to take care of the rest. If they truly care about your emotions they will know to step away, because it only means trouble and problems for the two of you.

However, you must be careful when it comes to their friends. Never force a man or woman to break friendships because they are the opposite gender. Odds are they are only friends and they were friends with your boyfriend or girlfriend before you came along. Tests the waters and understand the relationship between your partner and their friends. If you feel threatened, discuss it. Otherwise if their is sign of stepping over the boundaries, let it be.

3) The Past

As we grow older, we continue to add extra baggage from the past that seems to trail along with us. Sometimes it's hard for us to overcome situations that have happened in our life. Whether you have gotten cheated on, abused, lied to or heartbroken...these memories are carried with us and are hard to erase from our minds. We are willing to start over, but the process might be harder than we imagined.

When it comes to a new relationship do not compare it to the last one that destroyed you. You will begin to trick your mind into believing that this new relationship will not last and will only hurt you in the same way. Instead think positive. Believe that the person you are with came into your life for a reason that you have yet to discover. Take a risk and don't hold back because of other's mistakes.

The most important aspect in a relationship is to grow and learn from one another. Enjoy each other's company and have fun. Being in a committed relationship takes work, but if you both can handle it maturely you will succeed to a wonderful outcome.