Doomsday: Ways Humanity Will Perish on Earth: Part 1

So Many Ways. All Equally Terrifiying

65
sethpda-d33hvxo

From the Bible to Nostradamus, there are several predictions of what doomsday (the final day) on Earth would look like. Some ways are more probable than others, but there is a variety of options for global extermination. There are so many ways things can go wrong for humans, here are a few ways that can happen.

ICE AGE

You know those cute Ice Age films starring Ray Romano and Queen Latifah? Yeah, this won’t be anything like that. With five ice ages throughout the history of the Earth, coupled with the recent spikes in global weather, shows that Earth is due for another. If we were to get hit with a period of global ice, here is what we can expect: every area of the world will be covered in ice several thousand miles thick. The only area of the planet that will be free of ice is a small place around the equator. This is due to the Earth's curvature as that particular area points directly toward the sun. If you are not in this particular place near the equator, you can expect to wander a “Snowball Earth", aimlessly in search for whatever resources are left.

TECHNOLOGICAL TAKEOVER

What if Artificial Intelligence (AI) decides that humanity is the enemy? Almost 100 years after the first android robot appeared in Fritz Lang's classic film Metropolis, scientists seek to make humanoid robots that are capable of serving humans. Though many think that robots will never be able to go against their strict programming, the existential risk will inevitably increase as AI becomes self-sufficient. For instance look at the ‘grey goo’ hypothesis. Out of control nanomachines. Experience a glitch in their programming. Instead of being helpful, they self-replicate so rapidly that humans cannot contain it. By the time these machines are finished sucking up all of the Earth’s resources, the world will be left covered with these tiny machines that resemble a gray liquid substance (gray goo).

GLOBAL WARMING

According to the Daily Caller, 91 percent of people aren’t worried about global warming. Some believe it's not humanity’s responsibility. Others believe global warming is a lie. Global warming has been confirmed to exist since the advent of the industrial era. Scientist observed that 2015 is the year that carbon dioxide levels were at their highest. These effects are visible in the arctic regions. NASA released images of the frozen ocean in September 1979.

In 2012, the loss of ice suggested the region could be ice-free by summer 2040.

Scientists admit the disappearance of Arctic ice would have a significant impact on sea levels. Just the melting of Greenland's ice would represent a sea level rise of 20 feet. With that, you can say goodbye to the east coast, California, and all coastal cities and towns.

Stay tuned to part 2 of this list next week!