Don't Take Your Relationship For Granted

The importance of realizing all he does for you.

1396

I am all for the romance back in the day where everything was sincere and honest instead of today's infatuation and games. I absolutely hate the idea of "hooking up" or "friends with benefits." I am the type of girl that likes a relationship, but I am in a relationship with the idea that it will last. I don't date knowing that it could never last. That honestly frightens most people and I can see why, but at some point we all have to grow up and face the facts that we either want to be with someone or we don't. You can't put half the effort in and expect results. In relationships nowadays the girls expect things from their boyfriends: jewelry, candy, everything to be paid for. Look, I understand that's OK every now and then, but your boyfriend is not your bank account. To be blunt, even your boyfriend likes to be spoiled every now and then too. It really doesn't take much; it's easy as making him breakfast while he sleeps in, cleaning up for him and letting him rest after a stressful day, doing an activity that he loves even if you don't. The greatest gift that can ever be given is the time and effort.

Our boyfriends already have the pressure of proposing; the least we can do is spoil them every now and then too. Men have so many expectations to live up to in a relationship; women do as well, but not as much. So why exactly are we going to add even more pressure by expecting more from them on a daily basis? When I look back on some of my past relationships I never did anything besides making them laugh or just surprise visits to random places. Maybe it was meeting the right person that sparked something inside of me. I've done cute little gifts, inspirational/motivational quotes for his rough days, long distance notes, and things as simple as getting his favorite candy. Just like for girls, you don't have to buy him these crazy expensive things all the time.

We live in a generation that is showing us that materials are how we show how much we care about the other person. It's becoming more of how much you spend than the effort being put in. So the next time your boyfriend has planned a whole day out of adventures, a picnic, or done something as small as making you breakfast while you sleep, realize he's doing the little things that mean so much. Don't have such high expectations, and don't get this idea that you don't have to do anything for him, and don't take him for granted.

Spoil your boyfriend, make him feel loved, and remind him that the things he does aren't going unnoticed.