Don't Settle

Don't Settle

"If you haven't found it yet, keep looking. Don't settle." - Steve Jobs

17
Don't Settle

Don’t Settle

As young adults trying to find our way in life we fall into the habit of settling. We settle for jobs we don’t enjoy, relationships that pull us down rather than bring us up, and plunge into personal contentment. Those that do settle need to make sure what they are settling for is worthy of their time. Remember though, you should not settle. Whatever path you choose in life should not be easy, it should push you mentally, physically, and emotionally.

Choosing a job

When choosing a job think of the future. It is completely understandable that when you are a young adult and in need of money, you will do anything. Do not fall into this trap of settling for less than what you deserve due to finances. Trust me when I say, we have all been there, but it is not worth it! Remember, if your job doesn’t test you mentally then you are not growing intellectually. Your job should prepare you for the career that lies ahead.

First off know what you want and what you do not want beforehand. It is important that you have your personal boundaries and expectations set. Now when dating someone look at the qualities and values that individual holds. It is highly important that the person you invest in emotionally shares or believes in the same values. This does not mean that you two will agree on every situation that is just unrealistic. Remember relationships are about compromise, selflessness, and laughter. So please do not settle for that guy or girl that does not help you flourish because where and who you plant your precious seed with is crucial to your future.

Personal

Personal contentment can be a blessing and a curse. We should always be confident, strong willed, and open minded. Often though we become content with who we are and forget that growth from within is crucial in our mental health and well-being. We should broaden our horizons and test the limits. Try new things, eat different foods, and take on new hobbies. Just remember if you don’t personally invest in your own body and mind, your foundation will have no room for growth. Don’t settle for who you are currently, always inspire to be a better you.