Don't Settle In This World

Don't Settle In This World

You're the daughter of a king.

66
Don't Settle In This World
Adam Cappa

As little girls, we always imagine what our wedding is going to be like, what our house is going to look like and the size of our closet. We picture ourselves being married to that heart-throb popstar that we grew up listening to (mine was either Jesse McCartney or Zac Efron). We go through life searching for someone who will at least remind us of that popstar- that perfect guy, but we never stop to wonder what type of guy God will put in our lives. We get so caught up in the romance movies, and don’t get me wrong, I am a huge hopeless romantic. You can always find me watching a movie on Hallmark. However, it wasn’t until this year that I started listening to God and putting my love life in his hands.

Growing up, I was always the one to have a boyfriend, no matter how he acted or treated me, if he paid me attention I was all for trying for what I thought was a relationship. It wasn't until my last "relationship" a few months ago that I finally stopped listening to other people and started listening to God. In the world that we live in today, sex is everything. No matter what we do something is always turned towards sex. It is in the music that we listen to and the shows that we watch. We idolize it and make it the most important thing in a relationship.

Sex is not the most important thing to keep a relationship. You will never get anywhere or grow in a relationship if there is only sex and no love, trust, or honesty. Now, to get off of my sex rant, back to my original topic- listening. Ladies, if you want the right man to be in your life, the one that treats you well and can raise a family with you, stop listening to your "friends". Stop listening to what a perfect relationship and man is from the movies you admire so much. Open your hearts and learn to love yourself and God first. It's hard, I know, I am still struggling with it. We aren't perfect, we are still going to be anxious and long for that man, but God has His own perfect timing.

Pray for the man you want, pray for his well-being and purity. Pray that God will prepare him to be a good husband and father, and pray that God will prepare you to be a good wife and mother. We hear this all of the time, but take it from someone who thrived on relationships for so long. I was never happy unless I was with someone or had a ton of friends. Well, guess what. Once I started college, I realized just how little friends I actually had and I stay to myself now; however, it was the best thing that could have ever happened to me. I have more time to listen to God and understand His plans for my life. We all need to shut out the world and listen to God more about our lives, He is the one that created it!

Don't let everyone else tell you what you should be looking for or how you feel about someone. Learn to listen to God and hear His voice saying, "No, this isn't the one, keep waiting." I can honestly say it is one of the most thrilling things to feel. I waited years to hear this, and when I gave it to Him and listened, I finally started to hear it. It makes going through life so much easier and you can think of it as your own little romance movie- it'll just be for real instead of show! Even better!

So, to the girl sitting in her room watching Divergent , wondering where her "Four" is- wait and listen. God has someone for you that will send your world spinning. If you meet a man that doesn't bring you closer to God instead of his bedroom, he's not the one. If he talks you down instead of lifting you up in love, he's not the one. Don't settle, don't let this world make you feel like you deserve less. You're the daughter of a King. So, listen to your Father and He will provide your prince.