You Don't Meet People By Accident

You Don't Meet People By Accident

There is a reason that you ended up talking to the lady at the store today.

78
You Don't Meet People By Accident
Alexandra Martin

Truthfully, you don't just meet people by accident. There is a reason that you ended up talking to the lady at the store today. Not every social encounter you have will necessarily benefit you, but it had an impact on someone's life.

Most days I look back and think about what made me smile that day. For the most part, it doesn't include the big things throughout my day. I remember the little things that people said to me because they were trying to make me smile.

As I look back on the first couple years at college, I can't help but think of the people who I met right at the beginning. Some of them taught me that I needed to be a better friend in some circumstances. Others taught me that I needed to go out of my comfort zone and apply for different leadership opportunities.

I'm so thankful that I got to meet everyone I did the past few years of my life. They all have shaped me into the woman I am right now. I remember my recruitment group pretty well from freshman year, and I still run into a few of them here and there. A lot of these women reminded me to embrace who I was and always know my self-worth.

Personally, I think the purpose of life is to love and to be loved. I don't necessarily mean in a romantic way, but love everything. When we stop and look at our world, it is so beautiful, and that is something worth loving. It is also important for human beings to feel loved for who they are.

I can't wait to have a random conversation with someone at the coffee shop. I can't wait to accidentally run into someone while I'm walking just so I can smile at them and encourage them to keep going. You never know how much your interactions can mean to someone, so you might as well make the most of it.

Words are very powerful, but it definitely is true when they say actions will be remembered. I still remember when people picked me up when I was struggling, and they will always hold a special place in my heart.