To The Girl That Thinks She'll Never Move On

Don't let these broken boys break you.

118

I've joked about being single forever. I've complained to my friends about how I am never going to find my prince charming. I've struggled with seeing my worth without a man before. The fact of the matter is that I've been there before. It can be so easy to fall into that trap.

You think that you'll never be able to move past this, that you'll never be able to find someone who makes you as happy as he made you, and that you'll never be able to let him go.

You feel as though he constantly consumes your thoughts.

The way that he just knew all the right things to say to make you believe and trust him.

The way that he didn't see your worth and ended things when something "better" presented itself to him.

How he played you.

How he chose her over you.

You stay up wracking your brain, wondering why he didn't think that you were worth it. You'll buy into the lies telling you that you aren't good enough, pretty enough, worthy enough.

You torture yourself with thoughts and doubts wondering what made her different from you. Why couldn't he have done the things that he does for her for you? What makes her worth it?

It can be so easy to fall into the trap of lies and doubts that the enemy whispers to you. I've been there before. Several times now. And I know how stuck and worthless that it can make you feel. But no matter how badly you're feeling now, I promise you it will get better.

Just because your record with guys hasn't been the greatest doesn't mean that it can't change. You don't have to settle for just any ole guy that pays you attention. You're worth so much more than that.

Don't let these broken boys break you.

After several wrong relationships, I view love so differently now. Though at the time I thought it was all painful and pointless, I know now that it helped me mature. In getting my heartbroken a few times, I was able to understand what to look for and how to love someone.

For those of you feeling stuck; feeling like you keep falling into the same patterns of loving the wrong guys, I want to encourage to use these tips to change. Because you deserve so much better. You deserve to be happy.

One thing that I have learned, that I want to encourage you to do is to guard your heart. Proverbs 4:23 says, "Above all else, guard your heart, for everything you do flows from it."

Take your time before you give your heart away. Give that guy a chance to show his true colors before you fall head over heels.

Secondly, look for a man after God's own heart.

1 Corinthians 13:4-6 says, "Love is patient and kind; love does not envy or boast; it is not arrogant or rude. It does not insist on its own way; it is not irritable or resentful; it does not rejoice at wrongdoing, but rejoices with the truth."

Don't just settle for any ole guy that comes your way. Look for a man with traits that show his character. Patience, kindness, compassion, forgiveness, and a heart that is on fire for the Lord. A man with these traits is the kind of man that you want to be pursuing.

And finally, don't wish your past heartbreaks away.

Phillipians 3:12 says, "Not that I have already obtained all this, or have already arrived at my goal, but I press on to take hold of that for which Christ Jesus took hold of me."

I know that it can be easy to think that life would be so much better and easier if that relationship that broke your heart hadn't happened. But the truth is, all of those broken hearts and wrong relationships will make you appreciate the right relationship that much more and shape you into the person that you are today.

Don't dwell in the pain, but instead learn from it! Use the past relationships to learn what and what not to look for in the next relationship. All in all, I know what you're going through. It hurts and it feels like it is never going to end. But speaking from experience, I can promise you that one day, you'll find a man that treats you perfectly, and you'll laugh at the thought that you were ever torn up about that boy.