I Love Dating But I Don't Let The Guy Pay All The Time

I Am A Girl Who Loves To Go On Dates, But I Do Not Let The Guy Pay All Of The Time

Yes, I believe in chivalry but that does not mean that the guy should have to pay for my date all of the time.

1202

Now, I love going on dates as much as the next girl.

I love feeling giddy whenever I am getting ready for my date, finding the right outfit, I even FaceTime my best friend while I am getting ready because she is the only one that can talk me out of not canceling on my date. First dates are the best and I strongly believe that the guy should pay for the first date; that is just the gentlemen thing to do and ladies if he does not pay for the first date or if he pays for half then you should consider not going on that second date.

I am a pretty independent person and I still believe in chivalry as much as the girl who is a hopeless romantic but, I just don't see why the guy has to pay for me every single date.

I have a system to where if the guy initiates the date then he should pay but let's say that I was the one who hit him up saying "Hey, let's go grab tacos!" then, of course, I am going to feel like I should pay because he didn't initiate the plans. Yes, it is nice whenever the guy always offers to pay but it is the 21st century and if I have the funds to pay for the date; you bet I will be paying for it. I am very stubborn so we will probably be fighting to pay for the check and the guy will probably be the one giving up simply because I am relentless.

I have always thought about what guys are thinking in the back of their heads whenever they are constantly paying for dates. Thankfully I remember a conversation I had with one of my guy friends a while ago about that. He had said that yes, it is the right thing to do and always pay for the date but knowing that the girl wants to pay makes them more attractive. Yes, the guy should always pay for the first date, yes it is nice when the guy always pays, but there is nothing in the dating guideline that says the guy should be paying for every single date.

It is a sweet gesture gents but it is the 21st century and ladies are no longer damsels in distress. We should be able to pay for the date every once in a while or at least pay for candy or popcorn on a movie date or even pay for coffee. I love that chivalry has not died yet but ladies; it is perfectly okay to want to pay for the date every once in a while. There is nothing wrong with that.

So ladies; the next time you are on a date think about grabbing the check because I promise you that you will feel not only empowered but the guys will be surprised and appreciative that you did.