how to celebrate the fall season
Health Wellness

7 Things to Help you Ease Into Fall

Having trouble getting into the fall spirit because it's still 95 degrees outside? You're not alone.

94
upload.wikimedia.org
Wikimedia

If you're in Tallahassee (or pretty much anywhere in Florida) it's hard to believe we're already half way through October. Walking outside in the morning, the humidity and heat overpower you before you can even make it to your car. The heat drains our energy, and it's hard to continue throughout the day. The idea of wearing even pants is hard to wrap your mind around. I break a sweat walking a block to class. It surely doesn't feel like fall. Even though the weather might not be participating in fall just quite yet, I've been looking for things to help me get into the spirit. Here's some simple ideas to help kickstart the spooky season.

1. Turn Down your AC

Just because it might be 95 degrees outside, doesn't mean you need to suffer inside too. Crank down your AC and put on your comfy sweatpants. Make some hot chocolate, and pretend like its actually chilly. Don't think about what's beyond your walls- enjoy the moments you make.

2. Bake

Bake!! This might be the most important step to making your home feel like fall. It doesn't matter if it's pumpkin pies, muffins, cookies, cobblers, brownies, or a mixture! Having pumpkin spice deserts and snacks can change anyones mood. Check out Pinterest for easy and delicious recipes.

3. Light some candles

We've all done it- nothings better than walking into a candle shop and smelling each scent. Ah, the combination of spices, pumpkins, apples, and maple. Though candles can get expensive, I've found some inexpensive and delicious smelling candles at T.J.Maxx and Ross. Light up some candles and make your house smell like October!

4. Decorate

Now that you've gotten your sweets, cold air, and scented candles, you need to decorate. Whether you go all out, or just a put up something small, decorations make you feel complete. If you're balling on a budget, head to the dollar store! They have some great, cheap, decorations that would make anyone feel in the spooky spirit.

5. Listen to some tunes

Now it's 2018... we're not stuck with the basic "Monster Mash" anymore. Check out Spotify to find some great spooky playlists to help you keep in the spirit. I mean, who doesn't love a little halloween music jam?

6. Go pumpkin picking

Now that your house is completely set in the spirit, it's time to go out. Just because it still feels like it's the hot summer in Florida, there are still pumpkin patches. You might not be able to wear your favorite sweater and boots, but you can still take a cute picture for Instagram. Grab some friends and go pick your pumpkin!

7. Dress up!

Halloween will be here before we know it. Don't forget to dress up, and celebrate! Fall is the best time of the year. Don't let this heat intimidate you. Floridians love the spooky season, too!