Don't Let Commitment Issues In Relationships Control You

don't let fear get in the way

9

Commitment issues seem to be one of the main reasons why some relationships don't tend to work out. From my understanding, it seems as if this tends to be the most common trend. I can't just put my finger on it as to why commitment in a relationship is so hard? What exactly could it be? Could it be the fact that so many people nowadays are afraid of getting into a relationship only for it to fail? Or could it be the fact that committing to something that is a long term relationship tends to install fear in some people. It's the pressure to be the 'perfect' spouse; it's the pressure from families as to what the future holds. Also, insecurities play a huge part in the commitment boat. So we ask ourselves how you get rid of this awful habit. Timing. It is all about timing within one another. The one thing people seem to get wrong about relationships is that people get into it not knowing that there is work that is part of it. For example, most of us just want to be in a relationship just for the sake of being in one. That is the wrong reason to get into a relationship. Instead of putting yourself in this mindset that 'everyone is in one', look back and realize that not everyone is. Just because everyone is doing it does not mean that you have to always follow the train. I used to believe that relationships are the important keys to happiness. Little did I realize how much work it truly takes to have a relationship like that? I did not actively start dating until my freshman year of college. The main reason was because I was not all that attracted to the boys in my high school. I mean no offense, but just giving the truth. The second reason was that I believed that dating actively in college meant that there are different types rather than just being around the same one.

Having a commitment means being serious about something you want. If you truly want to be with someone, it's called putting every ounce of effort into it so much that you've officially run out. Being committed to someone you would do anything for sounds like a lot first, but it is really just about putting the same amount of work in to make sure that things go right. I know to most commitment seems scary because you just simply want everything to be okay. Having commitment-phobia is very common, and also very frightening. The pressure to have a picture perfect relationship is very scary sometimes, but it does not always have to be that way. If you love someone, they should care less how 'perfect' of a person you are. They fell in love with the person that they met that was not meant to be perfect. That should really be all that matters. By always being scared by messing up, it just means that you got into something for the wrong reasons. Don't be scared. There are going to come times where we are going to mess up, and that's okay. Don't worry about being so perfect, because it is most likely that they will love you the way that you are. So don't worry about always trying to impress your spouse, they will still be there for the real version of you rather than the one you want to create. By being you, it means the relationship will only grow stronger. The importance is a loving and long lasting relationship is that your significant other will always love your flaws. Regardless of what society and what others say, that person will love you until the end if you let them. By letting them, you'll see plenty of results. Lastly, trust should ALWAYS be an important factor regardless of how early or committed the relationship is. If trust is not part of the relationship, you're both in trouble. Always include one another in things that you love. Never exclude anyone from anything. Unless you want personal time with your friends and family, always put your spouse in mind as well. After all you are in a relationship with them for a reason.

So always keep in mind that commitment may take some work, but not the hard type of work that is impossible for the both of you. Love is love, and there is no changing that. Don't let fear get in the way of being with someone you want to be with. It won't make your situation better, and it will only hurt the other person if you don't communicate. Don't let commitment issues control you!